Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight!!!

Ok so I know its not been long since we've had our babys but I can't believe how much weight I've put on!! I don't know exactly how much it is as I HATE the scales lol but I can still only fit in my maternity clothes! Ive gone up a whole dress size!! Of course it doesn't help with it being christmas and everyone giving us chocolate, I swear there is enough chocolate under our tree to last the entire forces for a year lol
Is anyone else feeling like this or just me?
Amy xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm also still in my mat clothes, mainly the jeans which by the last month i couldn't wear either so i'm just happy to get these on!!

Did get on the scales a couple of times and was amazed to see i'd lost half a stone in 2 days, breastfeeding comes in useful for somethings!!! To get back to where i was before i fell pregnant the first time (summer 2006) i have got about 2 1/2 stone to lose but i've done it before so know i can do it again. Now i'm capable of walking more than 10 paces i can start taking the dog out again, we used to do 3 -4 miles every night, but will start small with a trip round the block!!

Yes it is a conspiracy for the chocolate! not helped by my mum buying me a BIG box of Thorntons Continetals to say congratulations on having Philip, lovely thought but once i open them that will be it, they'll last about two days!!

Plus oh just gave me a bowl of carte dor ice cream, yum yum!!

• Options
    I'm thinking how lucky to be bf over xmas as it's the best excuse for eating chocs and puddings etc without putting weight on! I've now got 8lb to lose to be pre-preg weight so may need to cut down...soonish!
    Curry on it's way...anyone'd think I was trying to induce a baby!!!
  • Options
    I have got about a stone to lose which is surprising seeing as i made sure i didn't over indulge with the naughty stuff but as everyone keeps reminding me i have just had a baby. Going to start swimming again tomorrow with my friend, it really helped towards the end of my pregnancy and is a gentle way to start exercising again, but yes i am still in my maternity jeans X
  • Options
    i can still only fit into maternity clothes too. i stupidly decided to try me normal jeans on and there was no way! WEIRD AS I DIDNT THINK I LOOKED THAT BIG BUT I SUPPOSE I JUST GOT USED TO SEEING MYSELF PREGGERS AND AND I WOULD LOOK THIN COMPARED TO THAT! APOLOGISE FOR BIG TEXT BUT GOT BABY IN OTHER HAND HAVING DIFFICULTY TYPING AND CANT BE BOTHERED GOING BACK AND CHANGING!
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Can I ask how much weight people put on during their pregnancy and how much they had lost once they had their baby?
    I was doing really well for ages but my weight was still going up at my last midwife appointment and I have put on about 2 stone. I'm normally a size 8 to 10 and around 8 1/2 to 9 stone. She said it is a fairly average amount for my size and I don't seem to have put weight on anywhere other than my bump but not sure how deceptive that is since it looks like my bump is about 50% of my body weight at the moment!!

All your pics are just sooooo cute, I cannot wait until I can put a photo of my lo up there. Desperate to meet him now, had more period pains this afternoon which made me feel like I needed to lie down, only last half an hour though and faded away again!

Liz xx
  • Options
    hi liz,
    hope u get to put ur pic up soon!!
    i put on 4 stone when pregnant and lost 1.5stone after having ryan, now got 2stone to go. i think u lose alot with birth and if u breast feed and dont weigh urself straight away it wont seem so bad!
    personally im happy with my size,im bigger than i have ever been but am comfy in size 12s. i hate it when people comment on my weight, i have just had a baby! and its even more upsetting when i think i look quite good! sod everyone else, i dont want to spend the year dieting and getting down over my weight, i just want to enjoy ryan and im sure the weight will drop off as our los get us running around after em xxx
  • Options
    I put 2 stone and four pounds on and when Gracie was 1 week old I'd lost a stone..now have 8lb to lose but not gonna be dieting to get back there! In mat jeans and a pair I bought after having Alfie in a size bigger...bugger this morning as they were both wet! Got mat combats on with belly bit folded down!
  • Options
    Well I put on 4 stone whilst pregnant. Amy is now 8 days old and I can't bring myself to get back on the scales yet!
    I'm still wearing all my maternity clothes and plan to until my c-section wound has healed a little more!
    I'm not worrying about it too much but I'm struggling to eat regularly anyway as Amy is keeping me so busy!
    Went out for our first walk today and seeing as it's the only exercise I can do for the next 6 weeks, it's something I'm going to do every day!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, its good to have an idea of what to expect more than anything. I'm not expecting to be back in my old clothes for a while, it will be nice just for my maternity clothes to fit me better as even they aren't comfy anymore lol!

Feel like I am carrying a heffalump at the moment!

L xxx