Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

At last-we did it!

As most of you know, Elijah has been in our room at mils house at night as he was waking all the time and waking everyone up. His room was also too light and cold. Well we finally got our arses in gear & fixed curtain rail in Elijahs room over the weekend and put up nice warm, dark curtains to block out light.
Yesterday i put Elijah down for his nap in his room (first time since at least December!) he went down suprisingly easily! Cried a little, but was asleep within 15 mins. Although he did only nap for 1/2 hour!! image
Anyway last night we put him in there to slepp on his own and he woke at 11 for some juice but went straight back. Then he slept til 6.30am!!!! wtf??! Perhaps he was relieved to be away from us!! lol

Hes had his mmr today and a friends kid has chicken pox (who we visited yest.) so im hoping really badly he wont get ill! Will update you all on sleeping xxx

Replies

• Options
    Yay, well done Elijah! Bet you'll all be better off having your own space during the night!
    Hope he doesn't get the pox and that the MMR doesn't affect him too much. x
  • Options
    Yaaay - well done Elijah! Hope this is the start of things to come! Hope the MMR doesn't effect him xx
  • Options
    Oh good boy Elijah just have to keep it up so mummy and daddy get some sleep now!!
  • Options
    What fantastic news!!! So glad youg ot it sorted and hope it continues!
  • Options
    Thanks! Im so pleased. He seems so much more comfortable and cosy with all his teddys etc in cot. Same result last night-bliss! x
  • Options
    Wow well done, zachariah is still in with us as I was waiting til he sleeps through but can't see it happening anytime soon! Grr! Good luck with mmr, zachariah had his yesterday too, he's got a temp but so far so good!
  • Options
    Sam is still with us and the waking in the night is getting worse as he wakes, sees us and then wants to come in our bed. Can't wait till we get the extension done and he gets his own room.....
  • Options
    Oh thats awesome! Bet you are feeling better for some sleep
    xx