Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fin in a bed!!!!

well we finally got sorted and brought Finlay a toddler bed - its soooo small and cute!!!

we had to clear his room and move anything that he will pull down or hurt himself on and got stair gate on door! he helpewd build it and was very excited and then went down for a nap in it - was soooo shocked i had to wake him as he was so comfy!

then last night we went straight off in it and stired through night - i did go in in the end to check him and he was alseep but had turned himself and had head on wall and legs on bed guard so turned him and gave him dummy and he slept till 6.15am - good boy!!!!

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    awww That's great that he settled so well in it. Rhys loves his bed and puts his teddies for naps ha ha.
    hope he carries on being such a good boy.

ps How long have you got left now to go?
  • Options
    Yey! So pleased he is loving his new bed, what a good boy! Bren usually takes a toy into bed with him when we put him down at night and he sometimes lays there talking to it for five mins before falling asleep lol! I usually check him after half an hour or so to make sure he is the right way round in bed and has the covers over him.

How are you and the bump doing? x
  • Options
    Aw well done Fin. Clever boy!! Cole does that too turning sideways against the bedguard - so we took it off last night lol

Hope he carries on sleeping well
    xx
  • Options
    thanks girlies......he had a good nap again today and i had to wake him so hope he's good tonight as i'm feeling really poorly with throat infection and cannot cope with getting up in night!

I'm good 34 weeks now - still cant believe it however silly that sounds it does not feel real, i have not prepared myself at all for the arrival of another baby!!!!!!!!!!!!when i think about it i PANIC!!!

Finishing work on Friday 30th although i feel that ill may not be in work later this week inless i feel better - my mat cover lady starts this week anyway!

Yesterday got slightly organised - cleared fins room and sorted his bed - still got to get his room finished with accessories and rug but no rush! then dug out the cot bedding and moses basket and washed it all - filled a box thats now under my bed with baby nappies, wipes, breast pads etc... got bag out to pack for hosiptal but havent actually packed it! so thats it - the cot is in pieces in our room and cannt see how its going to fit - we'll prob have it built for when baby arrives and then i can always put moses basket in it or use it for daytime naps!

my friend is due today with her first wonder what she'll have!!!

xxxx

• Options
    If you are struggling to get the cot in your room then I recommend using a travel cot! We had Jacob in with us in a moses basket at first and he grew out of that by about 9 weeks old so we put him in our travel cot with a better mattress that we bought. There is no way we would get Brendans old cot in our room, we are hoping to move him in with Brendan when he starts sleeping through but I may have to buy a cat net to stop Bren throwing toys in for him!!

Don't worry either because I felt really unorganised for Jacobs arrival but I think it is just because for your first you have everything new to buy. Second time round you already have everything!

We've all had awful throat infections out here too, totally rubbish! Hope you feel better soon. xxx
  • Options
    Awww hope ur feeling better soon
    We've currently got allsorts piled in our room as we just got all rhys's stuff back from Jay's sister.

we need a load of work doing to the brickwork in Rhys's bedroom so god knows how we'll fit all baby stuff & Rhys in our room, just hoping we get it sorted sooner rather than later and can then start to organise things.
  • Options
    its a nightmare isnt it - i do wish i had a nursery to sort now i'm getting nearer due date (that nesting thing i suppose) just feel like its all unorganised and it doesnt help that my close friends that have just had babies all have there lovely new nurseries and are so organised (even those with more than one) oh well we cant all have everything can we!

i'm off work as throat infection got worse but may get motivated to start packing hospital bag!

travel cot idea may be better - hadnt thought of that thanks liz xx
  • Options
    So glad the transition went well for you - hope it still is!!! image