Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hello december mummies

Hello all you december yummy mummys! I have been rubbish and have hardly visited this site since Lily was born but i hope all the mums and babes are doing well (it certainly looks like it on the avatars!) I'm confused cos some of you have changed your names....hollys mummy are you babydevil?
Usually by the time ive logged on and read everybodys posts Lily is calling before i get to post anything!
Anyway - Lily is doing really well and i'm loving being a mum, shes soooo gorgeous and is definately developing a personality of her own. I'm dreading going back to work already!
take care everyone x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya Jane!!!
    I was just thinking about you and wondering how you and Lily were getting on!! Yup I used to be babydevil I went into my details and changed my username so am now Hollys mummy!
    Hows Lily coming on? Is she getting big? I know Holly is, she is a hungry baby though! I can't wait to hear how you and Lily are getting on. When are you due back to work? You have a while left don't you?
    Amy xxx
  • Options
    Hi Amy - it is you! Holly looks pretty in pink in her picture!
    Lily is fab, she's about 11lb something (wasnt weighed lat week so not sure!) but she is quite short so she looks really cute and chubby, so gorgeous. ive tried changing my picture but none of them will work except that one, boring!
    Shes such a happy baby and were still breastfeeding and to be honest she goes for 3 or more hours between feeds so its so easy now compared to at the start. we started a bedtime routine now too and she usually sleeps from 8 til 2 am and then wakes every couple of hours. Im trying to decide whether to wake her a bit earlier and then maybe she;ll go 6 hours say from 12 to 6 that would be ab but i;m not sure if it would work! Have you and Holly got a routine yet? As for me ive made some mummy friends so i'm getting out and dont have to go back to work til end of August so ages yet but time goes so fast dont you think! What do you two do to keep busy?
  • Options
    Wow Lily is really comming on image Hollys 13 something not surprising seeing as all she wants to do it feed lol Im still bfing too but finding it very hard going at the mo! Ive got a dietician calling tomorrow to decide the best course of action as she refuses a bottle. Im pleased to hear you are moer succesful image Im not really sure about the best way of sorting Lilys routine because Holly just isn't in one lol
    Im sooo lucky at the mo as oh is still off work! We are hoping that he will get a date for a course he has to go on for either the end of March start of April and then we will be off to sunny Spain, I can't wait!! I havent made many mummy friends as I don't see the point with moving ect, I have made one pal who had a baby boy on our famous date the 15th Dec! I take Holly out for loads of walks and take her to visit family a lot seeing as we will be moving soon. I haven;t braved taking her swimming yet but I have ordered her a wetsuit so thats a start lol What do you do to fill your days?
    Amy xxx
  • Options
    Hi Jane, was wondering how Gracie's birthday sharer Lily was getting on only the other day! You seem to be getting on well, as are we! Gracie's got reflux so i stopped bf when she was put on gaviscon, which has worked until a week or so ago...doc's put her on Sma staydown so we'll see how that goes! Or stays!
    Not sure her weight, she was 11lb 2oz 3 week ago and 60cm long - tall bird!
    Good to hear you're all well x
  • Options
    Hey Jane. I know how you feel about getting distracted before you get chance to reply. I usually read while Cole feeds but can't always manage to type or too lazy to try 1 handed!!

Good to hear Lily is doing well.. all the December babies seem to be doing well putting on lots of weight!

I'm dreading going back to work too and its not till December!
  • Options
    Hi Jane - good to hear from you.
    I only manage to get on here sporadically and end up bombarding everyone with replies when I do, but it's nice to catch up and hear how everyone is doing.

Amy was 9lb 8oz at last weigh in- she's still a dot and sleeping through the night now, most nights from 10 to 6, we are soooo lucky! Just sort of fallen in to a routine, which has been quite stress free!

I've started thinking about the 'going back to work' thing too and then just push it to the back of my mind, although oh and I were talking the other night about me not going back to my old job (for many reasons), so I'm hoping that I might get a few extra months off - hee hee!!!