Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

poorly DD

had to come home from work yesterday as dd was really unwell, not eating, sleeping all day , not moving much, crying in pain etc. took her to the dr who has said it is either chicken pox or roseola infantum as both viruses are doing the rounds at the moment and both start off in the same way before the rash appears.

all she wants to do is cuddle while watching tv and then fall asleep, wake watch some tv, cuddle and sleep, really not like her at all, poor little might.

had to have today off to look after her as she is infectectious so cant be around other kids plus at the moment she only wants me.

Replies

• Options
    Poor Cariad. There does seem to be a bout of either the pox or roseola about at the mo, not nice : (
    Hope she is brighter soon x
  • Options
    Hope she's starting to feel better soon and it doesn't turn out to be the pox.
    xx
  • Options

so far so good. temp is down, she is playing more and cuddling less, have managed to get some food into her and no signs of a rash of any kind. so hoping we have avoided the pox or roseola.

my friend had the pox in her 20's and was so rough so i want dd to get it while she is young but would like it to hold off until she is old enough to understand about not scratching and we can distract her from it, if that makes sense

• Options

sorry to hear she hasn't been well, and glad to hear she's on the mend. sending get well cuddles from theo xxx

p.s. i had chicken pox when i was 28 and it was awful! so for exactly the same reason as you i want theo to get them young - but preferably not this young! makes perfect sense x

• Options
    Poor chick image We thought lorelei had chicken pox the other week as had developed a rash, runny nose, temp etc but went after a few days thankfully. Though hubby has never had it so he was bit nervous.
    It's not nice when they're poorly is it? Just keep giving her cuddles- that's the best medicine I reckon image
  • Options
    Hope Cariad is starting to feel better now. The only positive when they're poorly is all the lovely snuggly cuddles x
  • Options

Hope shes is feeling better,
    there does seem to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment with the change of weather...
    Josh has had a snotty nose for a few weeks now but think that could be down to molars appearing aswell.