Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update!

First of all an apology for not getting on here too much recently. Work has been hectic and I've been quite ill.

As those of you who check facebook will know I'm pregnant!! :\) :\) Abby's little brother/sister is due on the 16th Sept - very well planned for a teacher I thought. image
I had my scan yesterday and was just relieved it wasn't twins (sorry Angelkisses, I'm sure you'll be fine but I was having a bit of a panic). My tiredness and morning sickness has been horrific in comparison to last time and my immune system has been so low. I've been on antibiotics for a chest infection that was stopping me sleeping properly and twice haven't been sure whether I've had the vomiting bug or not because I spent 2 days at a time running between the toilet and my bed. :\( I have never been so run down in my life. If my first pregnancy had been like this I would never have considered a second. It must be a boy! image

Work has been manic and I should be writing reports at the moment but really can't face work on a Friday evening. Just found out that because we start GCSEs a year early in my school that I will need to write new schemes of work for Sept. I've only just finished these for the last syllabus!

Abby's 3rd tooth popped through on Wednesday. She must be really behind all the other babies teeth-wise. She has pieces of apple on a regular basis to suck on and got a bit surprised when she bit down and a bit came off. image
She is absolutely manic at the moment. Those of you who met her a few weeks back know that she is very confident :\) and a bit aggressive. :\( Both of these traits are still present. She will happily run off in any circumstance so reins are now an important part of our "toddler-kit". I am quite proud of her confidence and independence but it does make her a handful as she never stops. I am less proud of her aggressive behaviour. We are still getting complaints from the nursery and now she's learnt to scratch as well as hit. We try to tell her "no" firmly and move her away from the situation but it doesn't seem to have cured it yet.
Abby is becoming a great little swimmer and now swims off around the pool in her armbands leaving me trailing in her wake. Once again she chases the older boys around and is quite happy for them to throw balls around or jump in right beside her. When she gets tired she swims to the side, climbs out and trots off to the showers.

Anyway need to sign off now as dinner is ready! :\)

H xx

Replies

• Options
    congrats H!
    so pleased everything was fine for you at your scan, i have thought about you a few times since banbury!
    hope the sickness passes for you in the next couple of weeks and is replaced by blooming pregnancy instead!
    at least you have a couple of weeks respite at Easter- as long as you dont have too much work to take home with you that is!!!
    Abby sounds like lots of fun too, Ruby is similar, without the walking part haha. more intopinching at the moment the little monkey and it bloomin hurts too!
    anyway, great news and look forward to updates when you have a minute!
    xx
  • Options
    Great news about Abby's little sis/bro BF! :\)

Sounds like you've been having a terrible time of it you poor thing, hope you're coming out the other side now.

When you write about Abby she does remind me of Skye a lot! Skye is super confident, shows very little fear of anything, but has absolutely no self preservation built in! She climbs everything, and of late thinks she can walk down steps/stairs with no holding on and just steps off. Just today I caught her as she launched off the top stair at my SIL, very scary. image

She is also starting to show a few signs of aggression, and tends to shove other boddlers/toddlers if they invade her space or pester her too much. She is also a great stealer of everything that another child has, wanting their toys/drinks/food etc, and shows no remorse when she takes stuff and runs off, most embarrassing for me :roll: She even raided a lady's handbag at music today and ran off with her bracelet!!
    She hasn't actually smacked or scratched a child yet, but I am worried that her behaviour will escalate before long, mmm.

Love the image of Abby trotting off to the showers at the pool!

How's the house hunting going too??

Iz & Skye x
  • Options
    Brilliant news, I was hoping to see an update from you soon :\) I'm sorry to hear it has been tougher so far this time - as you know I found that, too, and came to the same conclusion as you about the gender! We shall both see!

Whilst I obviously love Lily's sensitive little character I do envy you Abby's confidence and independence. Lily would never wander far from me (if she does she comes back often to check I'm still there) and always needs cuddles and reassurance, and unless we're just at home together cries if I go out of sight.

I'm sure having an independent little one brings its own worries but I worry lots about how Lily will stand up for herself amongst other children. She needs to learn a thing or two from Abby!

I also love the image of Abby taking herself off to the showers when she's had enough!
  • Options
    congratulations BF. excellent timing, unofficially starting your mat leave in july, very sneaking (hoping we get that lucky next time round)
  • Options
    Ah, congratulations! Hope you start to feel better soon - I suffered badly with morning sickness when I was pregnant with Rachel, and it was horrendous, so I really sympathise with you having to look after Abby as well.

Hannah xx
  • Options
    Congrats BF ive changed mhy user name haha! Well yeah least there is only one image My sickness was terrible but a lot was worry with Ella too and now shes better my sickness is in a routine 7am, 10am & 2pm then im good for the day haha! Yes the image of abby taking herself to the showers when she has had enough is defo a winner chic image I know what you mean about miss independant Ruby is usually but thnkfully she is not aggresive my friends lil girl is aggresive though and she nipped Ruby the other day so my friend went over and nipped her toddler i dunno if im ok with it she cried a bit and that but she hasnt nipped anyone since then im not sure like i say where i stand and you could only do it for somethings like nipping and biting as you cant exactly hit or shovfe a toddler can ya?!
    Pink toothbrush im with you with Ella in that she's more sensitive and less advewnturous she doesnt mind me leaving her Ruby is more bothered about that but while you will find ruby climbing on everything or trying to escape her pushchir (her new fave trick) Ella will be sitting playing quietly with her dolls or looking at her books! Ruby runs riot at story tots these days where as Ella sits contented but Ella isnt fussed on running round at tumble tots haha! Its amazing how diff there characters are tho but i dont so much worry about Ella because i know that Ruby is very protective of Ella for example my friends lil one (the nipper) took a book off Ella she didnt cry or anything just sat there looking upset so ruby went and took the book back and told the little girl NO she then proceeded to return the book to Ella and give her a big hug thats when Ruby got nipped bless her! Anyways didnt mean to steal your post hehe! I hope your sickness passes soon image xxx
    http://lb2f.lilypie.com/j5MA.png

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/rg8K.png

• Options
    Congratulations BF image Though sorry to hear you're so sick- I totally sympathise as I was really ill with Lorelei until about 16 or 18 wks (can't remember exactly it's all a blur lol) but I can recommend rich tea and hot water to sip on.
    That's so cute imagining Abby at the pool lol Lorelei is also very confident and very much her own wee person- we've no idea where it comes from as dude n I are not at all like that so we're encouraging it in her as much as we can.
    Take care and be sure to rest as much as you can x
  • Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! September is a great month to have a baby, and as a teacher you'll get a lovely head start on your maternity leave! ;\) Sorry to hear you've been feeling so rubbish. Hope you're feeling better soon and Abby is being a good girl for you! xx
  • Options
    sorry for quick reply but just off to cook dinner
    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    hope you feel better soon
    xx
  • Options
    Ooh congrats, fantastic news and wonderful timing too! We were looking at ttc at the end of the year which would hopefully tie in with school terms but I'm not sure I can wait that long now lol! Hope you have a fab pregnancy x