Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sudden increase in words and talking?

Hey lovely BIDdies!

In the last couple of weeks Skye seems to have had a sudden talking and word explosion image

Wasn't expecting it so soon and she seems keen to learn new words every day now, so having to be really careful what pops out of our mouths!

In the last week or so she has learnt to say - milk, cat, door, shoes, socks, book, mirror, up, Papa, moon, ball and trousers off, all on top of her usual reportoire image Of course they don't all come out exactly right but you can tell that's what she's saying LOL!

Has anybody else noticed a sudden burst in development too about now??

It's just too cute listening to their little baby voices trying out new sounds and words!

Iz & Skye x

[Modified by: posy1971 on 21 April 2010 20:14:59 ]

Replies

• Options

dd too, like skye they dont come out properly but you know what she means

her growing list include:
    again
    alright
    there
    hat
    this
    duck
    dog
    milky
    fridge
    david
    julie
    googley comes out googie (she has a fish with googley eyes)
    daisy
    that
    plus the usual mam dad etc

• Options
    You lucky things... Gabriel is yet to say his first word, we are waiting for a hearing test as he may have to have grommets...

Gideon says:
    Mummy
    Daddy (wish he wouldn't!!!)
    Duck Quack Quack
    Moo
    Baa
    Cheese
    Up
    Down
    Ball

So, we are very slow on the talking front!!!

Sara x
  • Options
    Al's pretty slow on the whole talking front - all he can say is Dada and Oh Dear. he chats away all the time but total gobbledygook!
  • Options
    need to add a few
    good
    all gone
    i did
    over by there (but in a really welsh way 'over bathere)
    dad did
    oh dear
    uh oh
    makka pakka (though its more akka akka
  • Options
    And I can now add cheese and pencil too this evening! She was pointing and we thought she'd seen some people as that's what it sounded like, and then she reached up and took the pencil from behind Dady's ear, and we realised it was pencil!
  • Options
    C's having quite a talking explosion too. The words are still a little rough and ready but he's getting there. Tigger was a new one last week, then we also get things like up, uh-oh, whoops, nana, There's also a lot of sentence type talking but it's in his own made up language. Really looking foward to hearing more from him.
  • Options
    "Tigger" is a new one for Abby as well. :\) She is definitely saying new words every day but I couldn't say that they are part of her vocabulary, she is just getting the hang of repeating what I am saying. Over the last week she has added:

Tigger
    Woof
    Wasp
    Madam (that's my nickname for her when she's up to mischief :lol: )
    Tractor
    Sock
    Bird
    Baaa
    Nose
    Chicken (used a couple of times before but now being used regulary)

... but most of these words have only been used once. The main exception is "woof" and this is now what she calls dogs, except my dog which is still "dog".

I am now starting to realise that I have to watch what I'm saying. Whoops. imageimage

Oh and she doesn't yet say "Mummy". :\( In fact I think she's given up and just calls me "dada" when she wants something.

I'm loving this stage. Abby has so much to tell me - she tells me about her dreams in the morning, her day when I pick up from nursery and what she can see around her when we go out. Obviously I can't understand a word of it but I go along with it, she's so cute. :\)

H xx
  • Options
    We do get most of these new words each day now without prompting, but I know exactly what you mean about them getting the hang of repeating what you say BF!

We also get Woof for dogs!! Well more like Uff!

When we were playing in the garden after tea she kept pointing to the sky and saying "moon"...I thought she was mad but sure enough a sliver of moon was out already even though the sun was still shining! She must have been very confused as she's used to seeing the moon when it's dark and in her bedtime books LOL!! :lol:

There is of course a whole lot a baby babbling going on between the recognisable words, just wish I knew what she was saying as I can tell she's repeating the same phrases, but I have no idea what! :lol: