Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I feel discusting!

Hi,

I really really hate my body! I know its only 5 and a half weeks since Pippa was born but im getting really down about it. I have always been very lucky with my figure. I have always been a size 10 with a relitavely flat stomach. Now im left with a big bulge which hangs over my knickers and makes me feel physically sick. Im also now very conscious of my body with my hubby and refuse to let him see me when im changing etc. He knows how i feel about it and constantly tries to reassure me, he keeps telling me ive just grown a baby and i will be back to normal soon enough, but what if im not. I cant stand the though of having this baby bulge for much longer.
To make it worse I tried on a pair of my size 10 pre pregnancy jeans yesterday and i couldnt even get them past my hips. I just looked in the mirror and cried.
This is really starting to get me down.
I feel very selfish for feeling this way as i have a beautiful baby to show for it. Is anyone else feeling the sameway?

Replies

• Options
    sorrygatecrashing from nov 08 but im exactly the same hun, cant get my jeans up past my hips and its been getting me down too - i know it will take some time to shift (for me that is) but just wanted you to know you're not the only 1 feeling this way.xxx
  • Options
    I'll join you, I have about 4 stone to lose to get back to a weight that I am happy with.

Have just bought "five step fat attack" dvd done by Claire from steps, its got some fab reviews.

Am gonna start on mon, am trying to kerb some of the munching for now, need to retrain stomach into not screaming when it hasn't had its fill of steak n chips!!!
  • Options
    I posted a similar post last week. I was a size 10 before my pregnancies and now I cant get a size 16 over my thighs. I know its because I ate shite during the pregnancy, its just depressing knowing how hard I am going to have to work to get it off
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hey there
    I feel exactly the same. I was over the moon after having James especially when the scales showed 22 lbs off only 10 days after the birth. But since then, nowt! Actually gained a pound which is ridiculous as I never have time to eat during the day. Mind, when I do get 30 seconds of peace its usually a choccie biccie to keep me going.
    I am trying to do an hours walk a day to get out the house and to get James to sleep but its too cold today.
    Actually found I ache after the walk, didn't think I was unfit (I know I'm overweight tho) but I guess when you haven't seriously walked since probably around 7 months pregnant (after that it was too uncomfortable) it does take its toll on your body.
    I am determined from next week to cut back on the crap and try and get out more.
    Then hopefully the jeans will get past my hips!!
    Sharon
    xxx