Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any signs of period starting and James update.

Hi Ladies, hope you are all well. Not been around much as James is a full time job (gone are the days when on mat leave when I was free to be on here all day!).
Just wondered if anyone has had a period yet?
Now I know if you are breastfeeding you are likely not to have anything for a while yet. but I'm not and some books say as soon as 4 weeks and others say round 6-8 weeks.
James is now 4 weeks old and I stopped bleeding from the birth from around the end of last week. However, I started getting some tummy cramps and backache and yesterday I started bleeding again. However, it was bright red and not a normal period type show. But by end of evening and this morning nothing! I have felt where my cut was and it feels like it has swollen up a little.
Not tried sex so that can't be explanation, not really tried any exercise yet (attempting pelvic floor when I remember!) and so got no explanation for the show yesterday.

Apart from that, James is doing fine, a right proper chunky monkey!! Demolishing his bottles, starting to stay awake during the day (snoozing just now) and sleeping pretty much okay at night - every 4 hours and we are still swaddling him as his arms are everywhere.
I have noticed he has gone bald all over the top of his head. He had a reasonable amount on the top of his head to when born but now he has loads on the side of his head but nine on top. He looks like an old man - is this normal?
He is partial to being a bit sick after a feed and has terrible wind and has hiccups which look really painful.
He loves staring at faces and the lights reflecting of the walls etc. He's also started to have a bit of a gurgle which is really cute.

Sharon
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Aw he sounds delightful, Sharon. Am still trying to bf so no help re periods, sorry. Xxx
  • Options
    sharon- it sounds like it could be a period even tho not a proper one, it might mean body getting back to normal? ive had a few cramps and stuff which ive thought might be something although im bf so not sure!
    James sounds like a good boy, enjoy it!
  • Options
    i stopped expressing/bf nearly 4 wks ago and no sign of a period as yet?! quite tearful though so i'm sure that's a sign that one's on it's way very soon! i wish it would just come already!!!

• Options
    I had my first period 4 days before Oscar was 6 weeks old and was still bf! Thankfully it wasn't too long but my god it was heavy. I hate the first period and having to wear towels, but thankfully I can go back to tampons now! I am also waiting to have my mirena coil in which normally makes my periods really light, if they come at all.