Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bloody volcanos!

Okay so because dude and I have had many years of being together just at weekends we've done a lot of airmiles from Bristol to NI and had all sorts of delays etc as happens with cheap airlines but to be kept apart because of a volcano? Well that is definitely a first!

He doesn't even travel with this new job which is why he took it, but was sent to Germany for a training course. Sods law :lol:

Who knows when he'll be home but not looking great for this weekend. Also, I'm a big freakoid and have been reading the Daily Mail too much so am now scared of wakening up tomorrow and not being able to see out the window with the plumes of smoke and molten lava... ok maybe not that bad but me and Lorelei have asthma so I've been out and picked up provisions and play stuff and refuse to leave the house until my man comes and rescues us image
5 nights and counting...Boooo :cry:

[Modified by: mummychop on 16 April 2010 15:53:40 ]

Replies

• Options
    Oh no, hope he manages to get back soon. It's amazing isn't it that a volcano has stopped all flights!! Must be so many stranded people!

Don't read too much of the daily mail! :lol: I read some of it yesterday online. We must stay inside and stock up!!!

Have a nice girly weekend and hope you are all reunited soon xx
  • Options
    Tuesday night is looking like the best can do but at least that's with Eurostar so can't get cancelled and might be a teeny tiny chance of Monday if flights pick up.

Ah well, I think deserve a wee sneaky take-away tonight image
  • Options
    Take away sounds yummy MC! Hope you got one in?! You deserve one after being kept apart by a flipping volcano!!
    My asthma doesn't seem to have been affected so far by the ash, but must admit my eyes have been really gritty and sticky today, and couldn't possibly stay inside on such a glorious day!
    Hope your dude is back home safe no later than Tuesday x
  • Options
    oh hope your hubby is back safely today! it's amazing how many people have been affected isn't it? i just started a new job (evenings so fits in perfectly with theo - yay!) but the girl i job share with got stuck in germany so instead of just doing my 2 nights this week i did hers too - so after 4 nights (and early starts with the babes!) i'm shattered!!! hope your hubby gets home safely and withoput too much hassle today - definately a good thing he booked the eurostar! xxx