Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

another nappy Q

DD sleeps from 7.30 ish to 8.30 ish which means that she is in the same nappy from about 7 after a bath until 8.30-8.45. when she is changed then first thing the nappy is broken due to weight of all the urine from throughout the night. her poor bum and minky are covered in crystalised urine from the nappy. they dont leak at all but are so heavy that the lining gives way under the weight.

she is currently in a 4+ (20-40lb) but have bought size 5 for night time thinking that the bigger nanppy would absorb more but they still break by the morning too.

any ideas??? all the nappys i have looked at give 12 hour preteection but when you have a lazy bones who likes her sleep so much its a pain

Replies

• Options
    Oh lucky you, Cariad sleeping until 8.30am!

Just a thought but how about trying a different brand of nappy to see if they might be more absorbant.

We don't have that problem with Isaac. His usually aren't that heavy but then again he doesn't have milk before bed. We mostly use tesco nappies 4+ these days and I find the sizing quite generous. xx
  • Options
    I use to use tesco superfit on Millie but they didn't last the night either so I switched to Tesco superdry and they were alot better, use them now for Owen and haven't had a problem yet and they are cheaper! He is in number 5 too
  • Options
    wish i had this problem - theo pppppppppllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee sleep through!!!!!

sorry i don't really have any ideas, as you change her right before bed and as soon as she wakes up, i'm not sure what else you can do. i do use pampers, as i found the tesco ones leaked on theo xxx
  • Options
    Skye wears a size 4 during the day and size 4+ at night, tried a 5 but they seemed to nearly go up to her armpits!!:lol:

Her nappy is fit to burst when she wakes, but never had problems with it breaking or any crystallising. She wears Pampers Baby Dry or Huggies Super Dry overnight and have found these both to be good. She wears cheaper ones in the day.

Can't really think of any suggestions though, sorry x
  • Options
    Although this is going to look strange against my other post I'm going to suggest reusables. But NOT all in ones as they're not very absorbant. Using something like motherease with a separate wrap and liner has always been very absorbant for me - just far too bulky for day-time use and far too awkward for my OH.

http://www.mother-ease.co.uk/product/108/meone/mother-ease-one-size-nappy.html

Cheaper versions would include traditional terries or pre-folds - both of which are available at NCT sales etc.

Otherwise I second the others and suggest trying another brand. We use Sainsburys Eco range and they don't have that horrible grainy stuff in them.

Or try giving Cariad her milk an hour before bed and then changing her nappy just before bed so that some of it has already gone through her.

H xx