Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

small appetite

my lo doesnt eat happily at all

7am wake up 6 oz bottle

9am will feed her cereal porridge (struggle)

10 am will nap till 12

2 pm will give her a jar (struggle)

4 pm an 8 oz bottle and then nap till 6

8pm dinner something il have cooked (struggle)

9-10 bottle and sleep

what am i doing wrong ,any ideas?

first thing in morning iv tried missing th bottle even after 1 hour not that hungry for food will snack just a little bit ,but not enough for me to call it a meal :?

Replies

• Options
    Personally I'd drop the 8oz bottle at 4pm straight away, to me this is a feed and could be adding to your problems.

That's also a lot of sleep, 4 hours in the day time at this age, so maybe I'd be looking to change to 1 nap time just after lunch.

Have you tried other foods? My LO got bored of porridge/purreed foods a few months back and now loves to eat proper food, as we do. Just a thought but while I think jars have their place, I think our LO's are past eating them on a regular basis.

Sorry can't be other help xx
  • Options
    My daughter is going through a phase where she has gone off her food slightly. I've put it down to her back teeth getting ready to erupt as she will accept softer foods such as boiled vegetables, bananas or fromage frais but has started declining her old favourites like chicken nuggets. It is hard work and frustrating trying to encourage her to eat more but I find letting her take her time and touch her food helps. Just be prepared for the messy floor/chair afterwards.