Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thinking of changing career!

Having a baby certainly puts your life in perspective! As I want to go back part-time I am unable to go back to my old job and have to take up a different role, I then started to think about what was important to me and came back to the same answer time and time again, it was spending time with my son, so have enroled for a classroom assistant course which means that I would have all the school holidays off with him, it's quite scary making the leap but hopefully it will be the best for my LO. Anyone else having a change?

Replies

• Options
    ive had a few jobs since i started working so ive not had a career but i want to find a job i like for when monkey goes to school. Like you i want something with school holidays off obviously but i dont know what i want to do. Not sure if it will be full or part time as i am my mums carer and not sure how she will be in 2/3 years.
    I think its never to late to have a change in life, good luck with it xx
  • Options
    yep me. i was in middle of my nurse training when i fell pregnant with lizzie. i quit that due to crappy shifts and now have a fun job but i am currently trainming as a registered childminder! that way i chose how many hours i work and what times i work plus i will have lizzie with me all the time and i can also drop dd1 off and pick her up from school! x