Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How much milk?

Daniel is 7 weeks tomorrow and taking between 5oz and 7oz every 3 to 4 hours. For those of you bottle feeding how much and how often are your little ones taking?

Daniel does only have one feed during the night though so not sure if he is a bit of a piggy during the day to make up for that, which I'm fine with as long as I get a good nights sleep :lol:

xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Aiden has between 3-4oz every 3ish hours during the day. Towards the end of the evening he starts to stock up and can have up to 6oz at once.

Having said that, I've just had to go and make him another oz up as he has just drained his 4oz bottle after having 3oz 2 1/2hrs ago!

xxx
  • Options
    Mrs Rainbow I started panicking when I read how much Aiden has, was thinking Daniel must be a proper little pig, then I realised Aiden is 5 weeks younger than Daniel :lol:

love4pip I wouldn't worry too much about Ethan's size at the minute, once he starts moving about he will soon burn it off. Ds1 was a proper little chunk and I even nicknamed him little bloater :lol: he is now a perfect weight for his age and actually hardly eats.

Xxxx
  • Options
    Yep my little man is only 2 weeks old! Last night between 2.50am and 4.40am he had 6oz the chunky monkey! He's a bit spoadic with his milk at the moment so am just giving him what he wants.

xxx
  • Options
    My Lo is 6 weeks and she's only having on average about 4oz every 3/4 hours... Maybe she's not feeding too well then?! Sometimes she'll have as little as 3oz and sometimes she'll have a little more than 4 oz but never the whole bottle (wich is 5oz). Gosh I hope she's getting enough :?

Becky & Heidi 6 weeks xxxx
  • Options
    Becky, I don't think it really depends on how old your LO is, but how heavy they are. A was 9lb 3oz on Tues at only 12 days old!

xxx
  • Options
    Becky, I wouldn't worry as long as long as she's gaining weight. Daniel only has one feed during the night so if he had another he would probably take less each feed, I think he just stocks up during the day. If Heidi is having a couple of feeds during the night that's perhaps why she has less?

Xxxxx
  • Options
    it goes more by weight of baby than age, a 9lb baby will ahve a bigger stomach than a 7.5lb baby, and therefore need more milk to fill them up, and a 11lb baby even more...there is normally a guide on the side of the tin of ff, which should give u a guestimate, but remember even that is just a guide. i was bit of a fool last night, agve phoebe her first bottle of ebm, 3oz, thought that would be plenty, but nope, she needed a ten minute feed from me afterwards too lol, then looked at ds's ff tin and it says for 9lb it would be roughly 4oz...so gonna try 4-5oz tonight (if i can get that much out) and see if that's enough x
  • Options
    For the past 2 days Oscar has been feeding every 2 hours he has been taking 1.5 hours of boob then he drinks his 5oz EBM i had saved up for the morning and half hour later he had 3oz of formula.... Think he has my way of eating lol x