Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Post baby body

I know it's ridiculous seeing as DS isn't even 3 weeks old yet, but my post baby body is really begining to get me down. I can't get any of my pre pregnancy clothes on so am having to wear some maternity jeans when I'm not even pregnant anymore :cry: Albeit, I couldn't actually get them on after 34 weeks ish but it still gets me down. I'm at the inbetween stage which means that I have nothing to wear and so I'm living in my joggers when at home and wearing the same pair of jeans over and over again when I go out. I still have my baby shaped tummy so am wearing my maternity tops as I can't fit in to my pre pregnancy tops :cry:

Hubby has said all the right things, but he's supposed to and so I'm avoiding my mirror because when I do catch a glmse of myself I could cry (and actually did coupled with my other body hate last night which is in another post)

I know it took 9 months to put all the weigh on so it's not going to disappear overnight but it just wasn't something I'd prepared myself for :cry:

I'm thinking of starting Slimming World or Weight Watchers to help me shift some of it as I struggle doing it on my own as I have no willpower whatsoever

Sorry for the whinging post, but needed to get it all out.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    i'm still in my maternity things despite weighing less now than before i was preggers, a stone less...have the horrible old man jelly belly overhang after my cs too (never shifted it with ds, but am determined to do somehting about it this time)...tbh i would think it unusual for anyone to be back to normal clothes/body within 2-3 months after birth...i know it happens like that for some, but it's more common to be still ahve a belly and need the extra roomage....with ds i lived in joggers til he was about 4 months old lol...this time, i've opted for the slightly more 'fashionable' leggings...i certainly won't be dieting whilst bf, but i may have to start soon being a bit more 'sensible' in what i'm eating, and can't start exercise for another 2 weeks due to cs (not that i need an excuse not to exercise lol) x
  • Options
    with my other 2 i could get back into my bigger normal clothes after 6 weeks so you do have to give it some time. I have been quite lucky this time round as i had some money for xmas so i went and bought some normal clothes in a size 12 otherwise i would still be wearing my maternity clothes as my old size 10 clothes are still far too small x
  • Options
    I have to get a new passport so had new photos done on Monday and I nearly cried when I sawmy fat face! I was devastated! I'm 6 weeks post delivery and am living in leggings too. Thankfully I can now start exercising so am starting next week. I wasn't prepared for the tummy!!! Xxx
  • Options
    HI

Me too!!! Although after this pregnancy I now weigh 12 stone (3 weeks post baby) and last time 6 weeks post first son I weighed nearly 14 stone. I was about 10 st before this baby (12 last time) so have 2 to lose. In all honesty I hate my boobs which look horrid in tight tops as big, droopy and don't suit my tops (was about a small c cup before). Just seem there is no support in feeding bras and boobd round ankles! (not that I have those either)

Also...tummy is awful! I can breathe a lot in but the overhang is ridiculous. Before I was glad to have a flat tummy (even after c section) but now I can't see how it will ever go down and if it does where does all the skin go?!!!

Al living in one pair of size 18 (!!!) tracky bottoms and leggings and a big t shirt dress thing with Ugg boots. However, ok for pootling round house, cafes etc but not to see friends etc so feeling down about only having 2 outfits!!!

Have started weightwatchers (free as was gold member) which is naughty as not had 6 wks check but felt after excess of xmas needed to plan meals and start loosing weight. You get extra points when breastfeeding so is healthy.

Good luck all!

Aren't we hard on ourselves? Boo
  • Options
    Sorry to gatecrash ladies but if I can offer any advice.

I was an exercise addict before pregnancy and really thought I'd be back in my size 10 jeans within 6 weeks like all the celebs. However it has taken me almost 10 months!! I pushed myself too hard too early and kept getting sick so take it easy. I was really hard on myself and got quite down about it.

Try and rest for the first 8-10 weeks then get back into it slowly with some swimming or something like that. Also - my friends and I found that around month 4-5 we just started to drop some weight around the tummy and thighs - like it was water weight or something. Suddenly clothes just started to fit.

I'd also buy a couple of cheap pairs of the next size up trousers - just so you have something that isn't pregnancy related to wear. And once you're out of them it will feel so great to bag them up and put them in the loft for next time.

Suprisingly once your babies start weaning you actually eat better as you're so invested in doing the best for them. So this is another break through time.

Anyway hope that helps.
  • Options
    yuk i hate my post baby body! i have a horrid flabby tummy and so many stretch marks. not to mention the fact that my boobs which used to be one of the few parts of my body i was completely happy with are now big and saggy ad milk filled!

i have no hope of getting into pre-preg clothes at the moment and am still in my maternity jeans and tops. though my family keep saying i'm getting back in shape so that's good at least (as long as they're not just being kind!)

supposedly the healthiest thing to do is to slowly get back to your original weight over a year - so i keep trying to remind myself of this when i can't squeeze one of my tops on!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies ladies, aren't we hard on ourselves though?

I've started the Slimming World diet but think I'm just going to loosly follow it rather than follow it religiously.

Hopefully we'll all start to feel better soon.

xxx
  • Options
    i tried to sign up to tesco diets but it said it wasn't recommended to follow a weight loss plan while breastfeeding so i'm going to hold off a bit. i'm starving all the time too! especially in the evenings, i eat my tea then feel like i could eat the whole meal again!

xxx
  • Options
    cookie and cream, slimming world do a breast feeding plan (u get more syns)i was going to do it after i had ds, but couldn't be a*sed lol....i'm just hanging ontil after my six week check (still not heard about! they said they'd send a letter, phoebe will be 5 weeks on monday so cutting a bit fine eh)and then i intend to get a zumba dvd for at home, and once the weather warms up i'll be happily eating lots of salads etc so ont worrying too much about the diet side of things just yet. x
  • Options
    argh fallen off wagon already. Was son's bday party and managed to eat healthily throughout and then wham ate most of his bday cake last night and today along with the leftovers!!!! Think had lost a few pound this week but now it's looking like that may not happen before weigh in!!

Managed to fit in an old dress but had to really breathe in and was quite tight.

Is hard when b feeding and only having a few hours sleep as you really do just want tasty/naughty food although having eaten healthy most of week I do feel much better gfor it.

i would like to start running again (was a keen jogger and managed a half marathon!) but just walking makes my bits ache. Anyone else's do the same?

Also feel like whole under carriage may fall out if did too!
  • Options
    justarascal, yeh i did when i had ds, but at different gps now, asked hv and she's based there, and she said i'd receive a letter for dd, and to phone for me (same aswhen i had ds), so i phoned up 2weeks ago and they said they'll send me a letter for both me and dd, i asked if she was sure and she said yes...if nothing in the post tomorrow (phoebe'll be 5weeks tomorrow) i'm gonna phone back again x