Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cautiously waving hello

Hello fellow DID'ers. I got my BFP yesterday (well, technically Thursday, but I didn't trust my eyes until I saw Pregnant 1-2 in writing!). The NHS website puts my due date as 7 Dec and me at 4 weeks. Bit nervous posting on this part of the forum as it is very early days and this will be my first baby, so I may well be a bit of a lurker for a few weeks, but wanted to say hi! Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months for us all and look forward to getting to know everyone. xx

Replies

• Options
    Welcome hun!!! I know how u feel I still cant belive its happening!!! Have u been trying long!?

xx
  • Options
    Welcome ***waves like a nutter***

There are at least 3 second time mummies (myself included) in here to offer support.

Look forward to getting to know you xxx
  • Options
    Hi broodychops. I only came off the pill in mid Jan so its happened a bit quicker than we thought it would. We're both pleased but its weird to think we'll have a baby for Christmas! How about you?

Hi carly. I'm sure I will have lots if questions so glad there experienced people around! Do you just have 1 already? The picture is so cute. X
  • Options
    Feel free to ask anything or PM me if you want to keep something private. I'd always be happy to help if i can!

I just have my DD who is coming up to 10 months old and is such a fantastic little thing xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP like the other ladies say always happy to try and support and answer any questions!! it's all still sinking in for me too....roll on a happy and healthy 9 months to us all xx
  • Options
    Congratulations!

It's hard to believe those little pink lines isn't it! I did 5 tests for my first pregnancy, just 2 this time though. One cheapo and one digital.

Happy to try to help too if you have any questions. My little boy is 10 months old and such a cheeky little monkey now!

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP image
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Hugli that is brilliant!!!! I'm still too scared to properly post here!

Brilliant news, congrats on your BFP

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Fifi! I wondered whether you'd joined DID but couldn't see you. It all feels quite surreal, although I have a doctors appointment booked for Friday. The receptionist said he'd just take my details and refer me so I think I can cope with that! How are you doing? You must be a week or so ahead of me?

Thank you for all the congratulations and offers of support. I'm sure I will be taking you all up on offers of advice as time goes on. Seems like we have a really nice DID group. Plus plenty of time for lots more people to join us! xx
  • Options
    I've been lurking between here and DIN as the doctor has made my dd 30th November, but as I ov late i think I will actually be due early December- will see at the 12 week scan- eek! So based on Dr dates I am 5 weeks 5 days, so yes just ahead of you.

I am sooooooooo tired but apart from that fine. Have told a few friends and family and they are all really excited but I find I can only get really excited when Im with Hubby, I'm too nervous about something bad happening. Am just relaxing as much as possible, being healthy etc.

How are you feeling?

xx
  • Options
    Pretty much the same - I am exhausted. The weekend before last hubby was away and I was going to bed about half 8 and to sleep about 9. I have some stomach cramps - just light ones and have also been feeling slightly dizzy and nauseous occasionally. I have just booked a doctor's appointment for Friday so that will make it seem more real I think! x
  • Options
    i know what u mean about the tiredness fifi500 im shattered!!! i am also lurking between here and DIN as the dates the nhs website gave me is 6th december but talking to the midwife today she said I was due 25th November!!! So confusing!!! My last period was on the 18th Feb but I know I conceived on 15th March so for you ladies who have done this before when do u think my due date is!!?? xxxx