Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just hiding out here for a while!

Hello,

Just saying hello. Got my BFP last Thursday and will be 5 weeks 2moro. I will be one of the later ones in here if the bean sticks! I think my due date is 31/12/2011 going from LMP so I guess I just fit into this group by the skin of my teeth! :lol:

Anyway to introduce myself I have a wee man called Reuben who was born 08.10.09 at 34+2 weighing 4lb! I had pre-eclampsia. I have been married to my DH for 4 and a half years and live in Portsmouth.

I don't know how anyone else feels but even with this second baby ... who is a complete but very happy surprise, I am petrified! I don't want to allow myself to believe it until 12 weeks and i am on pants patrol constantly! Someone please tell me I am not alone! Felt as sick as a dog yesterday but not the slightest hint of queasiness today so panicking! Have dent DH out to buy CB digital to see if hormone levels are where they should be .... Aggghhhh I thought this would be so much more relaxed 2nd time.

Anyway, just thought I's say hello!

Lou

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I'm actually G/C from due Sept but have to say my 2nd pregnancy so far has been more troubling than my 1st. With my 1st I sailed through with no real symptoms (other than stretch marks) up to labour and birth which were long and ended with me having a 3rd degree tear. This tiome around I had light bleeding throughout 1st trimester, have already been stabbed with anti-d as precaution, have got tender boobs and although my 20wk scan today showed all fine, am now terrified of a repeat labour and birth (even with MW and friends telling me no 2 labours are the same). So congratulations and enjoy the next 35wks or so.
  • Options
    Hey hun,

you are not alone, i make a trip to the loo at least once an hour to 'check'. I have been scared about not feeling sick etc but i had a scan today and all was ok. Its only natural to feel worried hun xx

Congrats xxxx
  • Options
    hi,

im nearly 8 weeks with bump number 2. my first baby was born at 32+5 weeks due to my waters breaking and going into spontaneous labour. there doesnt seem to be anything in my notes to explain why she came early but she was fine and is now a crazy 2.5 year old.

i am also scared of another prem birth. i too wont really believe its all real until the 12 weeks scan.
  • Options
    I am with you on that one this is my second pregnancy and I am no more relaxed keep checking my pants I am 9 and a half weeks my nausea comes and goes but wasn't actually sick till 8 weeks. Really worried this morning woke up with horrendoes cramp and turned out I just needed the toilet image lol. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.