Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update...

Hi all,

Well its been a really busy few days.

Most of you know that our little girl was still born at 25 weeks last year. When i gave birth i had pre eclampsia and they told me (after loads of tests) that they couldnt find any other cause and so it was pre eclampsia. I wasnt so sure as i had read up and knew that pre eclampsia is common after a baby has died and my bp the day she died was ok, they never checked my pee so no-one knows.

The consultant at the new hospital has done even more tests and yesterday had me in to say that she was very concerned. She doesnt believe that it was pre eclampsia, she had done some blood tests and it has come back that i have thick blood (sticky blood) She said that it would have tiny blood clots in and these would get into the palcenta and she thinks this is what happened last year.

I now have to have daily heparin injections (that i have to administer myself image ) they are also keeping a very close eye on my pee and bo just incase it was pre eclampsia. We will be at the hospital quite a lot and after 20 weeks we will be there every week and will have a scan every 2 weeks as a minimum.

The scariest thing they told us is basically that this baby will be early and she said we wont make it to 38 weeks. i suppose anthing is a possibility but im scared as to how early the baby will be as there is no answer to this at the moment.

Im doing the injections but i am so scared at the moment i dont know what is going to happen.

Replies

• Options
    Hiya hun,

I feel so sorry for the uncertainty and worry you're feeling right now. I have no experience of how you're feeling of course, but I feel a great deal of sympathy for you.

Thankfully your new consultant is very keen to get to the bottom of the issue and to help you to manage it as best as possible. She's given you a lot of stuff to watch out for and preventative measures to try and I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that everything works out well for you. With them keeping a close on eye the situation and all, and with constant in-depth monitoring being offered, hopefully your wee beanie sticks it out longer than 25 weeks this time.

It won't stop you feeling scared, but at least this time all the measures they've put in place to help you and the little one will hopefully result in a much more joyous outcome than you're fearful of now.

Thinking of you x
  • Options
    Oh missnelly,

I am so so sorry for all the worry and pain you have and are going through. Please take comfort in your new consultant. She sounds like she will take the very best care of you and baby.

I wish so much I had a wand that I could give you. Please rest and take every day that is okay as a good day. Honestly if I could trade you spots for this pregnancy I would, I feel awfully greedy having healthy children, and still wanting another, when such wonderful mums like you deserve so much to have your own arm full of healthy baby.

Take care hun.
  • Options
    christy thanks hun, im having a more upbeat day today and thinking if we can get to 25 weeks with no help we should get further than that. There is nothing more that can be done, i feel sure they are doing all they can do (short of addmitting me to hospital for the duration)

Hedgie thankyou for your kind words, this is a very scary time for us and i feel im on my own with it, hubby doesn't like to face things until he has to, he cant process the ifs and buts. Its really nice to come n here and have some support like from you wonderful ladies. I know some people dont want to hear about these sorts of things, they want to think nothing will go wrong, i dont blame them, i wish i could have a pretty much carefree pregnancy but the reality is thats not going to happen.

Thanks ladies xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi missnelly. I'm sorry you haven't had good news, but like the other ladies said, this consultant seems to be taking good care of you and like you say, now you're getting the care things should be better. I really hope everything goes ok for you and the increased care and extra scans mean that you have a happy and healthy bubs in your arms by Christmas. I'm sorry your hubby isn't able to give you the support you need, I guess its hard for him as well. Hopefully he is giving you lots of hugs though - I always find a snuggle makes me feel better, even if it is just for a short time. Keep us posted with how you're getting on and I'll be thinking of you. xx
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through such a horrible time and I am sorry to read about your loss. The Dr sounds fantastic and a good support. A friend of mine lost a baby and in her following pregnancies had regular scans which was very reassuring for her and her partner. Sending a massive hug.