Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rant!! Need to get off my chest and write it

I'm really enjoying being pregnant even though I've been getting bad morning sickness but I know that some think amazing is coming at the end and it took myself and OH 20 months to get our sticky bean.

Every one knows that were expecting a baby now so we announced it to everyone on facebook the day we had our scan. Yesterday I changed my FB status to something along the lines off is loving being pregnant and my cravings (of cheesey doritos and strawberry milkshake image )and how I'm enjoying everything about being pregnant. 10 minute later my cousin (who is pregnant with her 2nd and constantly complains about being pregnant) changed hers to 'some people are twats, how can anyone enjoy being pregnant' :evil: :x OMG was I pee'd off. So I wrote back and said some people try for ages and really want to be pregnant so they do enjoy it rather than be selfish.

Which I thought was fine as I know what she's done both times she's been pregnant (smoking, drinking eating shit hence getting pregnancy diabetes, going on sun beds and the list goes on)

She's always complaining and asking her step mum (my aunty) if she'l be pregnant for her so she can smoke and go out clubbing and drink, which is so insesative as my aunty wants a baby but uncle doesn't. And my step mum can't have children and never could so it annoys me even more just how selfish she is. I try to ignore it but I just can't.

So I deleted her from FB as I just can't deal with how pathetic she is. She then called me and told me that I'm pathetic because i want to start pregnancy yoga and do pilates :evil: I hung up to then get a text saying that she couldn't give a f*** if i was pregnant or even alive.

And all this is because I absoloutly LOVE being pregnant and seeing my baby move at our scans and am doing the very best for my unborn child.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry to any one that had looked through all of this and wasting your time hehe and also thanks for reading it just had to get it out in the open image

Hope you're all doing well

Also in Pregnancy

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

So sorry you've had to go through this, unfortunately you can't pick family members!

When I was pregnant with my little girl I had similar comments from a couple of family members, my first pregnancy ended at 20 weeks after my little boy was born prematurely so any pregnancies I've had since I've been determined to enjoy every minute, including this one!

I also got lots of comments once baby was born, I chose to take her swimming from 2 weeks and we went to some form of mother and baby/ messy play daily from her being a month old, it really seemed to annoy some of my family and I got comments about not looking after her properly etc, I just put it down to them being jealous as their kids were never taken anywhere and now just sit in front of the tv day in, day out! My little girl on the other hand is nearly 10 months, is almost walking, loves interacting with other babies, is confident and loves getting involved in everything, most of all I've loved doing things with her and love the bond we have!

Don't let anyone upset you Hun, you enjoy every second and do any activities you fancy doing, pregnancy goes by so fast and is such a special time, treasure it!

Becky

Xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Becky,

Didn't really expect any one to reply just had to get it off my chest.

Sorry about your little boy, must have been so hard. Aww, happy that your little girl is so involved and happy. I plan on doing all that sort of stuff with my little one aswell, can't stand children sat infront of the tv all day.

Some families are just a pain in the bottom haha. Just planing on ignoring her and totally enjoying every second of being pregnant, labour and my baby. The rest of my family are really happy for us and love the fact that I'm enjoying being pregnant so much so I'm sure I can deal with her childish ways haha

xx
  • Options
    Hugs to both of you.

StephR, it isn't fair that your cousin seems so competitive and determined that no one else should be happier than her. Honestly, I would bet money it will get worse when your baby is here, sorry image But I think there is one in every family, and mine is forever telling me how I'm doing everything wrong, or how everything is wrong with my children. Yet, she complains all the time her own are so terrible and hard to deal with, that I can't possibly understand. In the same breath she will go on to say because her children are such hard work, she is the best and only real mum in the world because of how hard she has it. .... I'll stop here, or my rant will go on forever. I would put distance between you, nobody has the right to rain on your happy, they can go find some thistles and sit in them. Eeyore did and everyone likes him better for it image

You have every right to enjoy your pregnancy. For what it's worth I am really happy for you. I have been really happy through most of my pregnancies, but I will admit I have been completely miserable during one. Thankful for it yes, but there was a lot of rough things going on at the time. I think I was preoccupied with everything else, and just was a bit depressed. I do feel for those you have to go through that. But it's no excuse to emotional batter anyone else.

xx
  • Options
    oh how can i join in please. i agree there is one in every family that if you have had 2 poos she has had 4, and they were bigger and harder than yours.

in our family we have 3 year old twins that are 8 months older than my dd. they were still on a bottle at gone 2.5 for milk before bed and juice through out the day. my dd weaned herself down to just one bottle before bed at 9 months nad had a cup for all other drinks. then at 15 months she ditched the bottle completely then had a tommee tippee freeflow cup for all drinks including milk. my sil had a go at me one day (i looked after the twins one day a week and she looked after dd one day a week while we went to work) as dd was on a freeflow cup and was tipping it on her rug. she then had a go that i was forcing dd to grow up too fast as i was just competeing with her kids. the list goes on about how many times she has had a go at me about things that my dd could do that hers couldnt and things that dd didnt so anymore and hers were still doing.

hers were sat in front of the tv in bouncy chairs for hours on end and werent encouraged to do do anything nad as a result didnt sit unaided until gone 10 months. dd was 2 months prem and was sitting at 7 months (5 months corrected) which again didnt go down well, she was walking at 14 months while hers walked at 18 nad 23 months. dds behaviour is excellent compared to the others and again this is doesnt impress the outlaws.

when my days changed in work we had to stop our arrangement and it was the best thing we could have done, dd now goes to nursery 2 days and is coming on in leaps nad bounds and we have distanced ourselves and make no comment about her achievements. this really does annoy me in that we can not tell dhs parents about her milestones as it will just cause arguments but it makes for a much quiter and sressfree life.
  • Options
    Yeah I know Hedgie it will but I cant be botherd to deal with her she'd unneeded and unwanted stress. All she does is complain then she'll say that she's a bad mum because her LO (whos almost 2) can't say a word and never does as he's told. Then again she always sits him infront of the TV any way but I would NEVER tell her how to look after her child or tell her how she should be feeling.

Sorry for your tough time, hope your feeliong better now though! Aww thank you, thats so lovely image

xx
  • Options
    Haha Kar love it.

Thats terrible, some people can be so unbearable. Aww thats awful but obviously better as no stress. As long as LO is ok then what does it matter to anybody else. GRRRRR some people (especially family) can be so irritating and really need to get a life of their own and stop interffering with other peoples lifes.

xx
  • Options
    Steph, i really really hate it when people complain about being Pregnant. After our daughter was still born at 25 weeks i deleted lots of people from facebook ( after commenting on their ranting status' how i would love to be in their shoes and they should cherish every moment).

Now i am pregnant again, i would give anything to be loving being pregnant and to not be scared all the time, but the fact is i have a lot of problems and a lot of worries about this baby. This being said im not moaning and complaining about being pregnant, i am trying my hardest to enjoy it im just very scared. Some days i manage it some i dont, yes i am sick of feeling sick but as i have said all along if it means this baby is ok ill take it ten fold.

You have done the right thing hunnie and you shout it from the rooftops ho much you are loving it, i for one will never get bored or people saying how much they love being pregnant xxxx