Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early Scans

Hi ladies

Well, I'm booked in for my early scan on 26th April - so excited! Need to check there is only one in there?! image

Also, we need to tell parents at the same time over weekend of 28/29th April due a family celebration shortly after (which I won't be drinking at).

Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Can I ask, has anyone else got SUPER strong smelling power at the moment?! It's a nightmare! I commute in London and whilst I can just about bear hubby's morning breath, some random bloke 4 seats away from me is really not helping with the nausea! :lol:

Not hat I'm complaining mind, still keep thinking about baby all the time! image

Replies

• Options
    I've got a scan on the 23rd, I'll be 7weeks and two days. (I had IVF), I'm also nervous but excited to see everything is doing what it should be doing.

I walked round Tesco's with my jumper over my nose as all I could smell was the fish counter! Raw meat is another thing I cant stand the smell of, not that I like it before but now I leave the room and I can still smell it!!! lol

How many weeks are you??
  • Options
    Hi Tigerlilley

I'm 5+5 today I think and will be 7weeks and 5 days for the scan.

Wow, IVF eh? You are so brave. As you can see from my username I've not been 100% about this baby business until recently but now it's happened (we were TTC since November last year), I'm so excited and can't wait!

Please keep in touch & let me know how it goes on the 23rd. I'm not sure we'll see much at all but I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and know everything should be ok.

Apart from the smells, I've noticed I'm really hungry at the moment too. Sore boobs & constant feeling of sea-sickness are my other lovely symptoms. Oh as well as the bizarre combination of extreme tiredness in the evening followed by 2 hour sessions of insomnia if I wake up in the night?! Random?!

:lol:

Anyway, good to know I'm not the only one checking things out early doors & hope to get to know you more over the next few months

xx
  • Options
    How spooky, I'm 5 weeks and 5 days today!! image I think my due date is the 8th December but everytime I work it out it seems to be a different!!! We have been ttc for years and it's been a rollercoaster of emotions.

I still cant believe I'm pregnant. I've been reading how other people have been feeling and because I don't feel the same I was starting to doubt the test. I'd blame my sore b**bs (they were sore before I was pregnant) and hunger on the medication I'm still on. The food smells were me just being silly, I mean who likes the smell of fresh fish anyway and the tiredness at work I blamed on bordom and that I could sleep the night before!! Sounds stupid I know but because I don't feel sick and for the moment I feel ok I think I'm just inventing symptoms! You have made me feel a whole lot better about things though because you feel the same so thank you image

If you don't mind me asking how come you are having a scan so early?? You'll be surprised how much you can see. I've got a photo when they did the Embyro transfer and it's a tiny dot only 0.14mm!! I don't think we will be able to make anything out, from the books etc.... it looks abit odd shaped but it's still good to know its growing!
  • Options
    I saw doctor earlier this week and she said my due date was 8th December too! I'm scared how close it will be to Christmas if I go over due but realise that is a loooonnnggg way off yet!

I have a family get together on 5th May and our parents will notice & ask questions if I'm not drinking. We figured if we have an early scan, we can tell them the news on 28th April and ask that they don't mention to anyone else until we reach 12 weeks.

There are also lots of twins in my family (and hubby's but don't think that affects it?) so would like to know sooner rather than later if there is 2!

Glad to hear your symptoms are similar, it is all quite worrying isn't it?! :roll:
  • Options
    P.S. Hi to MissJN - congratulations! Can't wait til I reach 11 weeks!
  • Options
    Hi missJN,

Thank you, Congrats to you too. Is this your first baby or was it your first IVF?

You answered on of my questions earlier, I wasn't sure if we would hear the heart beat or if it was too early. I bet it is amazing and that will really put my mind at easeimage

Did you just get refered to a mid wife after that scan?

Hello Undecideduk2, How are you feeling today? Ive been in abit of a daze all day, I feel so spaced out!!! lol

How would you feel if you were having twins?
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I had a scan on Weds at 6+3 at the early pregnancy unit due to cramps and brown spotting. All was OK and could just see a tiny heartbeat.

• Options
    Oooh, Thanks for that info Sam. I just know I'm going to cry when I hear & see this tiny little thing growing inside me! image

Twins? I'd be horrified, delighted, panicked and excited - probably in that order! When we first started TTC I had a dream that we went for a scan & the sonographer said 'I'm delighted to tell you both heartbeats are very strong', to which I replied 'oh good, I'm still here there!' & she said 'no, both babies' heartbeats'. My dream reaction? '*UCK!!!' image Let's hope I'd be slightly more composed, eh?! :lol:

Are twins likely for you with the IVF? Is this your first course of IVF? Sorry for all the questions! I'm quite nosy, just tell me to mind my own business if you'd rather not say!! :?

Still feeling ok, but beginning to get fixated & anxious about miscarriage. Had no signs but seem really worried now the excitement has calmed down?! image
  • Options
    It's ok I don't mind talking about it. This was my second course of IVF, the fist one last year was unsuccesful. About a week after I had this transfer I started spotting and had cramps and thought this one wasn't going to work either but the spotting stopped and I got my first positive result!! Thats why I can't quite beleive it. I haven't had anything confirmed by a doctor yet, I've just pee'd on a stick!! lol I keep thinking about doing more tests but I'm a bit scared so I am just going to wait until I have my scan so I know for sure.

I'm the same as you,I'm always worrying that something could go wrong but I know I just have to take one day at a time and try to relax about it all. If we think positive everything will be ok image

I dont think it could be twins as we only had one egg put back in but I am not 100% sure, I'll find out in just over a week!! I think I would react the same as you about twins, I would be so grateful but at the same time really scared!

I haven't brought anything yet but I have joined some baby clubs so they send me emails weekly about whats happening to the baby and me. My one confession is that I have torn out photos of stuff I would like to buy and put them in a folder!!! he he
  • Options
    Tigerlilley glad you get your pg confirmed soon. Lol at you tearing things out to keep them.

I want an early scan for reassurance. Due to mc in December. I will see Dr tyis week and see what he says. Dh is not keen though thinks I should just 'relax'. Easier said than done when your on constant kicker watch! X x
  • Options

Hello ladies!

I am going for an early scan on 28th April when I will be 6 + 1. I was planning on booking a private scan for around 8 weeks, but our local maternity hospital in Bristol were looking for volunteers to have free early pregnancy scans so I was more than happy to help!

Congratulations on your pregnancies ladies!

xxx

• Options

Blue_xstarx - I know what you mean about the knicker watch!  I have to use 4 pesseries a day and every now and then a little blob (sorry to be gross) escapes and the first thing that goes though my mind whilst I am waddling to the toilet is what colour is it. Today it was a tiny bit brown and even though I have been told this is perfectly normal it scares me.

Sorry to hear you couldn't have an early scan done and it's so easy for me to say try and relax because I know its easier said then done especially when it's on your mind 24 7.   

• Options

Im getting an appointment through for an early scan because ive lost 2 babies so they know Im a bit worried- should be at around 7/8 weeks. IM 5+2 today so not too far away!Cant wait to hopefully see a heartbeat! Im so impressed by you ivf girlies- i had 2 rounds of clomid and that was hard enough!  The hormones make you crazy!  xxx

• Options

Congratulations Jellybabyuk5image  I'm sorry you suffered 2 losses, I can't even imagine how hard that must of been for you. I hope everything works out well for you. xx

He he the drugs do make you crazy, happy one minute and then the next really angry!  My poor hubby!!! lol