Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sad goodbye

Before I start this I just want to say that we had IVF and so there was always a chance that things wouldn't work. I don't want to upset or worry anyone with what I am about to say.

I had a scan today and it turns out that even though I got a postive test weeks ago I am not actually pregnant.  My body produced hormones after the transfer which is why my test was positive. The scan showed there was nothing in my tummy and once I stop taking the drugs which will be today then nature will take over.  They took some blood today to see what my hormone levels are doing because there is a chance it could be an eptopic pregnancy.

I've got two eggs left so there is still hope.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you all have happy, healthy pregnancies and beautiful babies. XXXX

Replies

• Options

Oh no! Tigerlilley. I am so so sorry to hear that. You were my date buddy image

You are amazingly brave to still be so positive about it all. Fingers crossed (seems odd to say this) that it is your body being cruel and producing a 'fale positive' rather than eptopic pregnancy. When will you get those results?

I really really hope that the remaining two eggs work and you can come back and join a new DI? group ASAP.

Sending massive hugs xxxx

• Options

I didn't want to scare you and I was really looking forward to getting to know you especially as like you said we were due on the same date.  I'll keep checking in on you, I'd like to know how you are getting on. image 

They are going to phone me this afternoon with the results.  It could take a few weeks  until my body is back to normal, I have been on these drugs for months so I am not sure what normal is anymore!! lol 

I have cried loads this morning and my hubby is taking it really bad but we want a baby more then anything so I have to stay positive and believe that one day it will work.  We will use both next time and hopefully one will stick or maybe our destiny is to have twins!!image   If not I'll get more cats and be the crazy cat lady!!!

Thank you so much.  I hope your scan goes well this week. xx

• Options

image Now that has made me teary (stupid hormones!)

You are so brave honey. Amazing strength. I've never known anyone go through IVF but it must have such a huge raft of emotional ups and downs that you somehow just get on with it?

Fingers crossed the results are clear and you are on track to start another course as soon as you and your hubby feel ready. Twins would be awesome?! One day it will be your turn I'm sure.

P.S. I am SO not a cat person, so not sure about your comment there?! image

Take care & keep in touch xxx

• Options
    Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and Hubby. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get your sticky BFP soon. Sending you the biggest of big hugs. xxxx
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your body recovers quickly and has twinnies in store for you. I hope you and dh are ok . It's a cruel thing that the drugs did. Bug hugs x x
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to read this....massive hugs xx
  • Options

So, so sorry to hear that Tigerlilly. I really hope that next time goes better for you - stay positive (easy to say I know).xxxx

• Options

I found out that it wasn't a eptopic pregnancy which was good news. I just have to have a bleed and then next month I can start all over again. 

I'm not going to let this beat me, If anything it's made me stronger and more determined.

Thank you for your kind messages. 

Undecideduk2 - How can you not like cats?!?!?! image 

• Options
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a sticky twinny bean next time hun. I plan to become a crazy cat lady regardless! Love my kitty monsters! xx
  • Options

Oh Tigerlilley, I'm so sorry to hear that this time wasn't meant to be. I hope that you and your husband soon get the baby you want and deserve xxxx

• Options

That is some relief at least. Would have been even more trauma to go through for you.

Don't get me started on cats....! image

Take care of yourself xxx