Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

second time mummies...

I was just wondering if any of u were the same as me, i have a little boy called Theo, who will be 3 when poppyseed arrives, he is a BIN 09 baby, and my god this pregnancy is diff, i feel fat and rank already, im approx 5-6 weeks, depends which site i use lol and im so bloated! when should i be expecting a bump? i was a good 22 weeks with Theo before it was noticeable, and was 33 weeks till i had a proper massive bump!  Then got HUGE from there really! haha im so excited, but also driving myself crazy as had a missed m/c comming up 2 years ago, wasnt planned but im struggerling more than i thought i would! image

anyway sorry to ramble on! image xxx

Replies

• Options
    hey..... Im a 2nd time mummy.... my ds is 21moths, sept10group but he arrived a month early so he's an august10 baby lol.... i am so unbelievably bloated.....i don't look pregnant just like I've gained weight really terribly. i remember feeling bloated first time around but this time i feel bloated everywhere, not just tummy. i think we'll defo get bumps quicker but Im coping mine holds off till my scan lol... i do feel more symptony this time too....soooooo tired and the nausea is stronger too.... try not to worry about m/c...trust Me i can't talk really...Im constantly on knicker watch thinking af has arrived...every cramp makes me think uhoh .....and i worry about getting to scan and being told i never was pregnant! so gonna try stay positive....nap when my toddler naps and wish away theme next 7weeks till my scan lol xxx
  • Options

Hi!

I'm coming up to 9 weeks with number 2 now (but 4th pregnancy, MC'd twice before having DD) and I feel huge. I have a definite bump, and even strangers have asked when the baby's due image

As for symptoms, I feel a lot more tired this time around, but I don't know if that's just down to running around after DD. I started throwing up at 4DPO, and it's showing no signs of easing up yet. Kind of glad to have no many symptoms though, as it's helping to convince me that I haven't just imagined it all!

• Options

Hi,

Im 5 +6 with 2nd.My ds was a BIO09 so will be 3 also.  I agree Im afraid. I am tiny 5'1" and last time I had an itinital bloat which went down within a week or 2 of finding out but this time I am bloated everywhere. MY trousers generally dont fit and the hairband trick is in use. Strangely my lower tum is hardening quite quickly which is diff. The tiredness is killing me. The other symptoms are coming and going. Where they are here though there are really here. Can lift my head of the sofa type of aches and nausea when I move. I am trying to eat heathily though but then have been off the idea of food anyway for the last couple of days.

Am also guilty of knickerwatch and did what will be my last cbd yesterday pg3+ yey. just really wanted to see a progression. Am also terrified afet a MMC in december . I am booking an early scan though at 8 weeks. Hospital wont give me one but its worth the money for peace of mind. xx

• Options

bluestar I had a private scan at 8wks last time, it was worth every penny. I was completely symptonless that time and just needed to confirm I was pregnant and everything was ok......plus it was such a long wait until the 12wk scan!
    I'm 50/50 on having an early scan again. Part of me wants to just to know everything is ok but part of me is defo less chilled this time around and I feel pregnant, defo more than last time.
    Booked mw appt for 8wks, which still seems an eternity off as i'm only 5+1 at the moment......the joys of finding out soo early means I have forever to wait! xx

• Options

so glad im not the only one ladies, This is my 4th pregnancy, and iv recently lost alot of weight, went from a size 14 to a size8, and anxious to weigh myself as im sure iv already put weight on! "/

oh well the joys of pregnancy, i cant wait to have my big bump back!

i think im gunna look into having an early scan, just to ease my mind as im driving OH potty! lol i feel like if im not angry im crying, if im not crying im eating, if im not eating im sleeping! Roll on the next 6 weeks!! image

xxx

• Options

Hope you dont mind me g/c from DIN Nov as im due Nov 28 so could well end up a Dec mummy! This is my second pregnancy ( got a 22 month old - June 2010)  and i am deifnintely showing earlier than last time! Im 9+2 today and had to resort to wearing early maternity trousers to work last week as i could no longer do the buttons up on my normal work trousers! Im not sure if im just bloated but I looklike I have a little bump , so much so that  stranger commented about me being pregnant the other day :/ Unfortunately I dont have any eraly pregnancy jeans as I didnt really start showing til aroudn 17 weeks last time and then the weather got warm so I only bought one pair of jeans with a massive band! Im not really ready to wear an over the bump yet lol! Having problems finding some narrow band jeans as im petite size and they are so expensive everywhere. Im definitely feeling worse this time - a lot more tired and nauseous. Had my booking appointment last week and the mw said I probably feel worse as it is tiring running around after a toddler though. Im more anxious this time as I had a scare at 10 weeks with DD - had a really bad bleed and carried on until I was nearly 20 weeks. Even though I know that everything can be ok from this Im still scared! Got my 12 week scan on may 17. Hope everyones ok x

• Options

Hello Devon_mummy, course we dont mind! DS was due in dec09 but ended up nov09 so i was always gatecrashing! lol im 7 weeks tomorro and my jeans still fit fine, i just feel differnt! my god, im 10x worse this time round, im exhausted and feel rank! Iv constantly got a bad tummy and have to keep going to the loo, anyone else having this problem?!

spoke to my drs yesterday and my booking appointment isnt till the 16th may, il be nearly 10 weeks then! :O gutted!

xxx

• Options

Hi Devon mummy - my jeans are bursting at the seams too I am s bloated esp around the face. Am going to have a 'healthy' week and stay away from white bread and chocolate as these things increase my ;bloating ' in normal everyday life. I have weighed myself and hadnt put anything on so thats why I know its bloating . My appetite has been a bit up ad down so I have been eating what I want when I want but I do need to control it better lol

Mummy2be2 - I lost a good bit of weight last year (14 - 10) but I kept some of my 'transition' trousers so will be able to move into them before maternity ones as long as they are comfortable. 

My booking in isnt until 8th June. At my hospital they do your booking in and your 12 week scan on same day. I will be 12 + 1.  You are just abandoned for the 1st 12 weeks basically. You have no contact numbers of allocated midwife or anything. Its not very good. I have booked and early scan for when I am 8 weeks so looking forward to that. x x

• Options

Another second time mummy here.  I have a 17 month old girl, BIN 2010.  I'm 8 weeks pregnant currently and my EDD for this LO is 8th Dec. 

Feeling more symptom-y this time with lots of nausea and tiredness.  Not sure if having a toddler to chase makes it worse or if I just have rose-tinted glasses on about how I was lat time.

Bit bloated but not too bad.  Clothes are getting a bit tight but I didn't manage to lose all my pregnancy weight last time so I don't have much room for manoevre! 

Booking in and 1st scan both on 18th May, cant wait as these weeks are dragging in.  I had an early scan on the nhs (prev m/c)  at 7w last pregnancy, so have never had to wait this long.  Would be tempted by an early scan but the cost a fortune here (£250+) and my sensible head thinks of all the things we could better spend the money on.  Only a few weeks to wait now, I suppose.

I think this 2nd time round thread will be useful as I expect this pregnancy and labour will be very different for me, as I know better what to expect.

• Options

Hi queenie, i was debating having an early scan, but think im deff gunna wait now, after hearing some of the girls are more worried now than they were before, im such a worrier, i just dont wanna make things worse!

Blue_xstarx- i stupidly gave all my clothes away! "/ like an idiot haha but im not really any diff yet, feeling abit in the podgey stage, where u dont look pregnant just tubby! haha i cannot wait for 12 weeks, kinda feel like my life is on hold at the mo as i dont wanna make anyplans till i no were 'safe'!

sick of feeling sick too already, i have IBS too and that is playing havoc at the mo! amoungst all of this i am still excited! image

xxx

• Options

I am a second time mummy. This baby is due on 14th December and my DS will be 2 on the 23rd December.

I am just anxiously awaiting the scan for confirmation that all is well.

I am so bloated and look the size that I did at 39 weeks pregnant!

Feeling sick and knackered too!

xx

• Options
    Im pregnant with my 3rd, and havent even lost baby weight from 2nd (born in jan 12) so I understand, I feel fat and flabby haha and now I know it's not gona get any better any time soon! My first 2 pregnancies were completely different, so expect the unexpected! MyBs x