Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Good morning! How are we all feeling?

Morning fellow DID ladies! How are we all feeling? I had a little panic last night because when I took my bra off, my boobs didn't feel sore anymore. They still felt heavy and nipples still hurt but it was different and I was scared! Got lots of reassurance from Google and from my friends on the TTC board who I'm in a Facebook group with. Feeling much more positive today. Felt sick after eating breakfast and had little nose bleed when blowing my nose! All positive symptoms! Plus back is still aching and nipples still hurt! 5+5 today, only 3 more days til my early scan! Hope everyone is well? xx

Replies

• Options

Morning DottysBird,

Well I am off work today was gagging whilst trying to get ready this morning feeling so rough! I would try not to worry about symptoms changing, my boobs haven't really been sore they just feel a bit swollen. My cramping has finally stopped image I just get really bad trapped wind pains at night time ouchhh! Very glam haha.

I have also gone off my morning cuppa image didn't think that would happen to me, I even have decaff tetleys, noooo! lol... I booked my drs booking appointment yestrday for when I'll be 7 nearly 8weeks. When do you think you will tell people about the pregnancy? x x

• Options
    It already feels like EVERYONE knows, lol! I have been signed off work as I am reducing my anti-depressants so my managers and my team know. My other colleagues think I've had a bit of a melt down. We've also told people we'd want to know if, touch wood, the worst case scenario happened, so we've told our parents, hubs sis, my two best friends and hubs two best friends. Have you told anyone yet? I've volunteered for an early scan on Sat so hopefully that will put my mind at rest. Once that's done I will go and fill in the paper work at the Drs to register with the midwife team. xx
  • Options

I have told my mum, in-laws, one of my best friends (who can keep a secret lol) and a friend at work. I'm the same as you I feel like loads of people know already! I think we will tell more of our family just before my first scan for the same reason as you that if something bad was to happen (god forbid) then I would want their support as we are all very close. Then after first scan I will make it general knowledge!!!! Will tell my boss when I have got a scan date because it is likely I will need time off to go for the scan.
    It is all so exciting image it's mad I was sooo impatient when TTC and now we are expecting I am impatient all over again lol! But so so happy x x

• Options
    Are you going to wait until 12 weeks for your first scan? I'm having one on Saturday at 6+1 because our local maternity hospital wanted volunteers! And it's free! xx
  • Options

Ahh you are so lucky! Yes we will wait until 12 weeks. There would be no reason for me to have one any earlier and I think that the price of an early scan is a bit of a rip off so happy to (impatiently) wait!!! I know that sometimes at your booking appointment with dr they can detect a foetal heart beat so hoping that will be possible to keep me going haha! x x

I have a bit of a stupid question re things we can and can't eat. Can we have hellmans mayo? I read because it is pastuerised egg then it is ok!? lol I don't want to be too paranoid about what I should and shouldn't eat but still as its my first can't help but panic a bit?!! x

• Options
    Hi, we will be booking and paying for an early scan. For peace of mind following mc. It is a rip off but I just need to know. Won't be having it until 8 weeks though as that was when mmc was detected. I was worried abt symptoms disappearing to. I know just need to breathe Nd relax! Hellmans mayo is fine Hun . As long as its pasturised its fine. X x x
  • Options

Hi all!

Still waiting for my scan appointment to come through, we decided not to book an early scan as I don't think it would have stopped me worrying. Seeing the midwife for my booking appointment on Friday morning, though, so I'll chase it up then. Didn't get a scan until 14 weeks with DD, so I might be a bit more pushy this time around, I know how to speak up now image

Sickness is still hanging around, but I managed to get a good 12 hours sleep last night so I managed to do some housework this morning for the first time in weeks. Sorted out all my clothes and packed them away, seeing as I'm now in nothing but maternity clothes. Good excuse to hit the internet shops this afternoon, I think - can't face going out to the 'real' shops, as I always find my morning sickness gets worse when I travel. 

Yep, Hellmans is fine, it's just the homemade stuff to be cautious with really, anything with uncooked egg whites. I made meringue nests with DD on the weekend and had to avoid licking out the bowl with her, gutted!

xx

• Options
    All I want to do is eat! Think it's boredom rather than anything else! Am plus-size so trying to be sensible and still loosely following Slimming World! I lost two stone prior to getting my BFP! Being off work means I lose my sense of routine! Stsarina - where did you give birth to DD? Do you know which hospital you're choosing this time? I'm hoping to go to Southmead as that's where me and hubs were born! I bake loads and keep having to remember not to taste the cake mix! xx
  • Options

I had her at Nottingham City, as we were living up there at the time, but I'm a Southmead baby too! Fingers crossed I'll be allowed to use the midwife-led unit there this time around, but I had pre-eclampsia with DD (and my BMI is a little high) so I'm not sure that they'll let me. Will have to ask midwife about it on Friday. I've heard really good things about the MLU, so I hope they will. xx

• Options
    My friend is due to give birth there any day now! She was due yesterday! I think I will have to be consultant led because my BMI is 36! Am looking forward to organising my appointment with the midwife, hopefully next week. xx
  • Options

ahh bluestar can completely understand why you would want an early scan for reassurance hun. i'm just hoping the next few weeks go quickly image x

happy about the mayo ladies lol.. x x

• Options

I was born at Southmead too! image

• Options

Check out all the 'meaders' on the group, lol! Southmead is a fab hospital! I did a zip wire from the sea walls on the Portway to raise money for their NICU unit as they did an amazing job of looking after my God-Daughter! xx

• Options
    Hi ladies I'm feeling ok, getting used to the on/off nausea and still yet to be actually sick thank goodness. One day last week was touch & go when I first got up but I ate some melon and that calmed it down. MrsAsh, I've too gone off tea. Can normally get through loads of decaf but now only manage a small cup first thing. How bad is this though; I've gone off CHOCOLATE?!?! Can't believe it!! The thought of it turns my stomach & I tired some of hubby's melting middle pudding the other evening (one of my faves pre-pregnancy) & hated it?! Very odd. Have our early scan tomo eve at 7pm. Will let you know if there are 2 in there! Lol! Very excited, but also strangely nervous. Hope all is as it should be. Got my letter today confirming MW appt next Thursday (3rd) too. Huge booklet explaining optional tests to consider beforehand; more to worry about! Hopefully telling parents, in-laws & siblings thus weekend. Excited but sad as I've really enjoyed it just being hubby & I's little secret up til now! (Plus my mum will be a nightmare at fussing. We're really worried she won't keep it secret from others til I'm 12 weeks. Hubby wants to threaten her that she won't see the grandchild if she lets us down?! Lol!) xxx
  • Options

undecideduk2, i haven't been keen on chocolate either!!! i have a caramel wafer at work most days and tried this week but made me gag lol!!!!
    eeeeeekk you must be soooo excited for yor scan in fact you will have had it by now, so hope all went well image x
    i am still waiting for my booking in appointment with the drs. they told me i cant have it until im 7-8 weeks and then i'll get my referral to midwife. so booked for when i will be 7+4... wish it could be sooner. x x

• Options
    MrsAsh - scan was brilliant! Full details (& pic!) on my other thread. Is anyone else exhausted but also waking really early?! I struggle to stop yawning from 8pm but have been trying to stay up til 10pm, mainly because I'd never see hubby otherwise?! Problem is I'm waking at 5/6am and can't get back to sleep?! Very frustrating & feel tired but just not sleepy. Plus I seem to wake up really hungry, despite still managing normal size dinners?! image
  • Options
    Undecided- I'm exactly the same! Waking at silly o'clock, no matter how tired I am and need to eat within about 2 minutes of waking or I feel sick. xx