Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi everyone!

Hello, would love to join you... Just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant, and my daughter is only 15 weeks old. Wasnt planned! MyBs xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun! Congratulations! You're certainly going to have your hands full! How are you feeling? Many symptoms? xx
  • Options
    I know! Luckily no symtoms yet, but im sure it won't be long! My sickness wasnt too bad with other pregnancies, but ive got a feeling about this one haha. Emotionally, feeling very overwhelmed... Was really stupid not to be more carefull, and OH and I are going through quite a bad patch... MyBs x
  • Options
    Oh hun, sorry to hear you and hubs are going through a tough patch. How does he feel about this latest news? xx
  • Options
    He's happy about it... But then it's him that caused the problems, resulting in trust issues (he didn't cheat or anything like that). Just basically can be unpleasant to live with, emotionally retarded, no support etc.. You' re probably wondering why im still with him! When he's not taking me for granted, things are good! But doesnt take long for him to get relaxed and standards slip lol, I'll stop now!! How are you feeling? Have you told anyone yet? X
  • Options
    Hello and welcome. Congratulations I know it wasn't planned bit that just makes it a lovely surprise! You will have your hands full but I have always loved theidea of life being close in age. Sadly my dh didn't so my ds will be 3 when this one is born. We have also been going through rough patch lately before bfp ttc was causing so many problems. This.k it happens to everyone at some point so sure it will be fine. X x
  • Options
    Thanks Blue_xstarx! Is/will your ds be at nursery when baby arrives? I ask because I have a 3yr age gap and my ds wasnt at nursery, I found it really difficult as he's so demanding at this age. He will be starting soon and I can't wait! But really wish I'd got him started before dd was born. That said, nothing beats seeing him with his sister, how he reacts to her, how caring and loving, it's the best feeling in the world! And luckily, he's not at all jealous. X
  • Options
    Glad hubs is happy about your news. My hubs can be a bit emotionally retarded at times- I have anxiety and depression and, although he tries to understand, he has no concept of this. He's trying really hard now I'm pregnant but I know I'm driving him crazy already!image xx
  • Options
    Hi there neither of my two ds were planned when my first was 9 months old I fell pg again at the time I was pretty overwhelmed and upset felt guilty towards ds1 but soon got over that tho my boys will be nearly 5 and 3 when baby is born. My oh is VERY emotionally retarted and makes life harder than it needs to be we r trying to work through a rough patch but hormones seem to make things worse and I can relate to what your goin through!!! Xxx
  • Options
    Although I wouldn't wish it on you it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with an emotionally retarded oh haha! DottysBird, I've suffered with anxiety and depression in the past, so really understand what you're going through. Luckily it's not too bad atm, at least not the anxiety, but when I was pregnant with my first I was signed off work (not wanting to take tablets). At least your dh tries, thats all I ask of mine! Mummyphoebe, I don't feel guilty towards my daughter, much the opposite, I find im totally disinterested in this pregnancy... Am sure that will change though. x
  • Options
    MyBs- glad to hear your anxiety is under control. I've been signed off for 4 weeks to allow me to reduce my medication. I was on 20mg of Citalopram and have reduced to 10mg. Had intended to drop to 5mg but with nausea I'm starting to feel sorry for myself and worry that reducing meds could make me dip. Am going to speak to midwife at booking appointment. Am back to work on 21st May and quite looking forward to it. My job role will be very different as I won't be having prisoner contact (I teach young offenders) so will be office based. Having been off for 5 weeks I think I might ask Dr to sign me back on half days for the first week as it'll be a huge shock to the system! xx
  • Options
    Glad you're looking forward to going back image don't beat yourself up about the meds, if you need them theres nothing you can do about it! Think I may have been on citalopram when I first fell pregnant four years ago (have def been on out at some point!) And the dr changed me to lofepramine. I'm not currently taking anything for depression but am taking omeprazole for gallstone pain, which has conflicting advice during pregnancy. Although you're looking forward to going back to work, make the most of your time off, pamper yourself! X
  • Options

my bs - my ds goes to nursery one day a week now but by time lo is born with be up to 3 days.  He is in that testing stage at the moment and will happily push boundarys. He is spending a lot of time in naughty corner at the moment. little monster. He can just be Sooo defiant!

Dottysbird - glad your feeling better about going back to work. Its very difficult when you go back into a restricted role but  its defiatley needed for your safety so go with it . Good luck with redusing the meds. Take your time though. x x