Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else struggling to eat healthily?

I need to minimise weight gain in my pregnancy because I'm already overweight. I know how to eat healthily- I lost two stone prior to this pregnancy through Slimming World. However, due to nausea I am struggling with healthy eating as I find stodgey junk food settles my stomach! This is not good! image Xx

Replies

• Options
    I'm struggling to eat at all, so just ueating what I fancy. Generally shite, but I figure better than nothing. Trying to snack on fruit etc when feeling up to it to balance it all out xx
  • Options
    Strange isn't it! I had fruit for breakfast yesterday and tummy didn't agree. Treated myself to a McDonald's breakfast the day before and fine! I wonder if its psychological? What seems to be settling me when I can't face anything is pickled onion space raiders - only the kid size bags abt 60 calories and 3 syns. The starch settles tum without me consuming my body weight in junk. It's def carbs I'm after lunch was nice healthy jacket potato ...... stuffed with real butter and cheese! Had run out of normal butter oops. So yes your not alone in the Juno food area. I'm trying to watch my weight this time. But I am approaching it differently. I am reducing portion sizes but eating more or less what I want so far. Once I am through the 8 week scan I will head back to gym and carry on light exercise as I found it really helped last time x x
  • Options

I seem to only fancy unhealthy things!  Cheese (especially babybel), chocolate, snackajacks (although not too unhealthy) and could definitely eat a McDonalds or Burger King at the moment.  The only healthy things I feel like eating are strawberries and blueberries, expensive taste!  xxx

• Options
    I'm also trying to keep weight gain to a minimum as still have baby weight from last pregnancy, but at the moment eating A LOT of junk. I think because after 6 weeks of gallstone pain and living off fruit and veg I've gone a bit crazy like a kid in a sweet shop! I'm sure once the sickness kicks in I'll stop the junk though, as il only be able to stomach ryvita with marmite and apples! Today I had 2 kfc flamin wraps for lunch, and mcds double cheese and fries for dinner.......! X
  • Options

I too am trying to loose some weight, but not doing too well at all.

I am doing well on cutting down on alcohol too, is it true that Gin has a negative effect on fertility?