Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

not again!

so i've been for another early scan as i had one two weeks ago and i was measuring early but there was heartbeat there. i am supposed to be 8+4 today and after scanning me for 5 minutes without saying anything i kinda knew something is wrong. she told me she can't see a heartbeat then after another 5 min she said she found a heartbeat but it is very slow 91bpm. she told me to come back in a week and most probably there wont be a heartbeat anymore. i can't believe it's happening again the 4th time in under a year! 

hope you all have happy and healhty pregnancies, love to all xxxx

Replies

• Options
    So sorry to hear this. It might not be bad when you go back next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Xx
  • Options
    So sorry to read this. Hope your next scan brings surprising happy news for you hun. xx
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Keeping my fingers crossed for a lovely surprise next week.

You mentioned that you've had 3 miscarriages before; have the doctors given you any tests or advice about this and why it keeps happening?

• Options

thanks girls but it would be a miracle...apparently 95% of pregnancies with 90 beats pre minute heartbeats at 8 weeks pregnant end in a miscarriage...and the dates don't add up either. i've had 2 early miscarriages which they don't even count and the doctor told me that she doesn't want to sound annoying but it is that i'm unlucky as i have a little boy already and had no problems with him whatsoever... but 4 times unlucky in under a year is quite a lot to deal with!! i would've never thought that it's going to be so hard!!imageimage

• Options

Hi HopeBeanSticks, I really hope when you go back that you see a lovely little heart beating!  I no a little of what your going through - I have had 2 mmc in the last 6 months.  1st @ 14wks (Baby's heart stopped @ 12+wks) and 2nd @ 18wks (baby's heart stopped at 15+wks) although with the second we saw the baby doing somersaults @ 12wk scan and heard strong heartbeat right up to the baby died.  I to have 2 children which nearly makes it more confusing - what has changed since my last pregnancy.

• Options

thank you Angel's2 but unfortunately it wasn't good news so i'm booked in for a d&c next week...the funny thing is i think i know when it all went wrong...at about week 7 to 8 i had really bad period pains for quite a few days and looked it up but it said that a lot of people get it around the time their period would've been due...but now i know that this was the time things went wrong...but unfortunately you can't do anything anyway image 

xxx

• Options

hopebeansticks I am so sorry it wasnt good news. I hope you and oh are ok and find the strength in each other to get through this awful time. I hope the d and c goes smoothly. my thoughts are with you x x x 

• Options

thanks Blue_xStarx you're very kind xxx

• Options

My heart goes out to you HopeBeanSticks - You are in my thoughts and prayers!

• Options

thank you hun xxx