Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Awkward conversation

I am going to be looking after a friends little boy one day a week in August until a nursery place becomes available. She has offered to pay me and although I would love to do it for nothing I could really do with the money to buy some new clothes for DS. She has asked how much I want but I don't want to name a figure and sound really cheeky. I used to get paid about ??100 a day as a nanny which is clearly too much to ask, I don't really know how much is reasonable.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Miss I. I would find out how much her nursery is charging and how much local childminders charge and pitch ure fee in there somewhere. My old childminder charged ??27per day, my nursery was ??38 per day and now ive registered as a childminder and am charging ??30 per day. It does vary area to area so def find out what ure area is.

Are you looking after them in your house or theirs?? That would have to be taken into account,
  • Options
    thats a good idea from gemm. id also be tempted to start with you used to charge ??100 a day, but you would do it for... for them.