Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

changing formua milk

Has anyone changed the formula that they're giving to their LO?

Evan has been on SMA gold & expressed breast milk since he was born (he's 3wks today), but it seems to be making him constipated and a he started with a bit of colic on Thurs night. So after a few recommendations from here, we've decided to try him with Aptimal, but he doesn't seem to be going as long between feeds now.
We changed him to Aptimal yesterday and he only seems to be going 3hrs between feeds at night and today he's only been going 2hrs. This is not like him, as when he was on SMA he was going 4/5hrs between day and night feeds.

Is Aptimal less filling or has anyone else experianced this when changing formula? Or could it be a growth spurt?

Lisa & Evan 3wks xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, they do have a growth spurt at 3 weeks so it could be that, it may be the milk.

I used Aptamil with my first baby until he was 4 months. He did get a bit constipated but i think thats just formula in general. I had to change him when he was 4 months as he started having the opposite and was having loose black stools. I wasnt sure if it was the antibiotics he had been on, but i changed his milk and he was ok. I went back to aptamil with my second baby when i started mix feeding, and he was fine with it.

Give it a few days and see how he goes

Gemm x
  • Options
    Aptamil puts Adam into the deepest sleep ever!

I have not used any other formula though so have nothing to compare it to.

It definitely seems to be more filling than my breast milk...

I am mix feeding (most BF though) and have not had any problems with constipation.