Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Buggies/pushchairs!!

Bit of a pointless post really but I'm feeling v frustrated about pushchairs!! Before George was born I bought the M&P Skate pram, which is fab but is a little bulky. We went on holiday to Portugal last week so I bought a Maclaren at the baby show in Birmingham a few months back. It was the Volo, really lightweight and was only ??50 (as opposed to ??80 in the shops). It was good on holiday but as it doesn't lie flat, George couldn't sleep in it and got frustrated when he was tired. One of my baby friends has just bought the Maclaren XT, which is apparently the best one as it lies flat and has all sorts of other gadgets but at ??165 I'm thinking its a little pricey. Then hubby said what if we ttc no 2 next year - how would we transport the 2 around?? I'd then have to buy a double pushchair!! My living room will soon resemble a pram showroom lol!! What are you guys doing about pushchairs? Sticking with your original pram or have you now opted for an easy foldy buggy??

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,

I am just sticking with our original pram, we got the M&Ps Pliko pramette and it is fab in buggy mode. It is still quite light and is comfy for Emily. My mum and dad bought our pram and paid so much for it i really couldn't buy another buggy!

I am actually really happy with our pram/buggy image

• Options
    We're exactly the same as Ladybird, still happy with the Pliko Pramette. We did buy a very cheap buggy in the Asda baby event for ??25 so we can take it on holiday and not damage our beautiful Pliko! For ??25 I was well impressed as it lays flat and seems pretty good. Not used it yet, just pushed our daughter round the kitchen to check out it's moves!
    We'd also like to try for baby2 next year, but I'm dreading the thought of a double, I already take out people's legs with my single, I'll be dangerous with a double!
    xxx
  • Options
    When were you planning to start TTC? I was discussing this with my Mum recently, there is 22 months between me and my brother. She said she didn't bother with a double because my brother was happy to walk most of the time and if for any reason she would be out for a while then she put me in a baby carrier and him in the buggy so she didn't need to spend all that money on a double (presumably fairly pricey back in 1985) for the few months she would need it.

We have got an iCandy Peach and haven't had any problems with it so will stick with that unless a surprise no.2 throws a spanner in the works!
  • Options
    Hmm this Pilko Pramette sounds v popular!! Think I made the wrong choice lol.
    I like the sound of a ??25 pushchair that lies flat.
    MIss I - i wasn't planning on ttc until later next year so ds will prob be happy walking and if not, I can always buy a buggy board I suppose. I guess double buggies are only useful for if you have one straight after the other.

Thanks ladies xx
  • Options
    I'm going to have a get a stroller before November, as Adam's nursery doesn't have room to store the bulkier travel systems. I'll just get something fairly cheap - not sure what though!

• Options
    I have my big pram which has a pushchair part which has been great, used it for all 3 boys. I also bought a M @ p Aria single for my first to take on hol and i have used it loads. When i had DS2 my first was 16 months and i bought a double. Best thing i ever did as i got loads of use out of it. Only last year when DS2 was 2, did i stop using the double and used my singe Aria again.

Im now using the double again if im going out myself with Arran and Ds2 as i can get around easier.

I would recommend a single and if you need it later a double as well. I saw a good single in mothercare that was about ??80 and looked fab. I was going to get it as my Aria has seen better days but luckily someone gave me a lovely single. I will keep that in the car and use my big pram for walking from home, like the nursery run and school run (or walk).

Gemm x

• Options
    I had m&p luna that we've just switched to buggy mode, however as my car is so small it fills the boot. We had a silvercross pop stroller but that still filled it (from ds1) so I've just given that to mil for at hers. I did really like that as it was nice and sturdy and laid fairly flat.
    I'm geting a petit star zia though as it's nice & light and looks like it folds pretty small which is really important for us.
  • Options
    We have a graco travel system, can't remember it's full name though and it's really great for us, a little bulky but rebecca loves it and it's the main one I use with her!

However I also bought the ??25 from asda which is a hauck stroller and that lives in my husbands car and is great as a light weight buggy. We used it today and it's really good. Lies flat too which I think is great! Don't know if I would use it everyday, but then again I might change my mind in a couple of months!!!

Jem
    xx
  • Options
    We have the bugaboo chameleon and though I love it at times it is a bit heavy and even though I drive a Tucson it fills the boot which is a bit of the bugger when I go walking as have to cope with two excited dogs in the front and back seats not that dd minds she just fiddles with their tails!!!! So I am looking at buggies and like the silver cross pop in black problem is persuading hubby as his mum spent a fortune on our pram and I would hate to hurt her so not sure what to do. Xxx
  • Options
    we have the pop. it is long! and fills my boot(bmw 1) and is a struggle to get in my dad's boot (corsa). we just got it for holidays as it lies flat. i always think poor child when i se a toddler trying to sleep upright! they so look uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I am SOOOOOO sick of thinking about buggies - feels like all I ever do!

We bought a Quinny Buzz which was great with a carrycot when DD was little. Then she grew out of the pram bit when she was about 12 weeks old (she's very long) so we switched to seat mode which was fine but not lay flat so she wouldn't sleep in it which was a major problem. To solve the problem I bought a Phil and Teds Sport off a friend who was finished with hers thinking that as it lays flat, DD would sleep in it and I'd get loads of use of it.

However....... since sleep training I try and make sure all her naps are in her cot and the P&T is really heavy (just as heavy as the Quinny) so I don't really feel like I've gained anything!!!

If I had my time again or money was no object I'd buy another one - either a Baby Jogger City Mini or a Bugaboo Bee+ but I swear my hubby will have my head if I come home with another buggy!! xxxxx
  • Options
    MN - I have been doing the same and now Adam will NOT go to sleep in his pushchair! He's too nosey!

xx
  • Options
    oh Cath glad its not just me!!

We were in the beer garden of the pub for an hour late yesterday afternoon and DD was gearing up for her catnap and would she go to sleep in the pram - would she buggery!!!! had to wheel her home (screaming all the way - thankfully only 5 minutes away) so she could fall asleep for all of 25 minutes in her cot. It' a good job she sleeps well at night now or it SO wouldn't be worth it! xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

How are you all and your babies?
    I have been reading peoples posts since we all had our babies but find my little man likes to help with the computer when it's on so it;s quick pit stops... why i didn't think of using the computer in the evening i don't know.

Anyway i had the quinny buzz which my little man loved but was really heavy and i had to dismantle wheels etc to get it in to the boot, then it started to collapse by itself when i was walking ... not good, so i contacted boots and they gave me a full refund. I've bought a petite star pushchair which lies flat and i have to say i'm quite impressed, it's quite light and Remy likes it... it's no frills but when they are a bit older you don't need all the fancy bits. When we start trying again at then end of the year or in March depending on if we go to Mexico (another story) we will either get a double or one of those seats that you can add on or fold away when it's not in use.

Anyway sorry for the essay

xxx

[Modified by: mildred81 on August 24, 2010 10:52 PM]