Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A day in the life of your baby, stolen from BIJ!!!

Saw this thread on BIJ and thought what a great idea it was, I'd be interested to know what you guys are doing with your lo's during the day as I have a sneaky suspicion that I am pretty crap :lol:

I'll be honest though so here goes!

We get up anywhere between 8 and 9am, boob and nappy change, then lo goes in highchair whilst i have breakfast, then in the front room with TV on in background and in to bouncy chair.
About 10am boob and nap on my lap, sometimes I can put her down and sometimes not, cuddles in between and chatting on my lap.
About 12-1pm more boob and more nap when I can put her down and have some lunch, sterilise bottles, go on the laptop lol!!
About 2-3pm she's up until bedtime at 7.30pm so we have time on her playmat with a bit of tummy time and encouragement, a little time in her bouncy chair, boob and nappy changes, carrying her around with me like a limpet whilst i try and do things, sometimes some dancing with the radio on (me not her) . Most days we go out for a walk somewhere, even if it's only 10 minutes down the road to sainsburys, we also go to my mums once a week which is half an hours drive each way.
On a good day hubby is home at 5.30pm so he entertains her for a bit whilst I cook, when he's not the highchair is great whilst i cook!
I will also admit that lo does go in front of the TV when we eat dinner for 15 minutes or so, she likes the Simpsons and anything with people in it, she hates adverts and gets in a real mood and wants picking up when adverts are on, sometimes I actually get to eat my meal hot nowadays rather than cold and congealed!

I did make an attempt in early days to entertain lo with various toys but she has absolutely no interest in them, nor will she look at books or let me read anything to her because she's always trying to fidget off of my lap and wants to constantly be moving and seeing whats going on!:lol:

Replies

• Options
    Aww this is a good idea!

6.30 we wake up, bum change go down stairs she spends some time with daddy as he takes dog out from 7-7.30 then works till 5-5.30
    7.00 she has 7oz bottle, then goes in her bouncer chair while i get dressed and get the big girls washed dressed and get them breakfast. by this time its normally about 7.45am then me and nancy go up stairs and i get her washed and dressed and make all the beds open the curtains and come alive a little.
    8.00am Nancy goes on her play mat under her play gym while i get brakfast then do the washing and what ever house hold jobs need doing, she normally falls asleep on the mat whilst playing around now.
    10am bum change and 7oz bottle and big girls have there snack and chill time!
    about 10.30am we get ready to go out we always either walk to the shop, park or take dog for a walk
    12pm give the big girls there dinner while me and noo have a bit of cuddle time for half an hour then she goes back on her play mat for a bit, while i do more jobs (there never ending with 3 babies)
    1pm she has bum change and 7oz bottle again. normally has a sleep after this till about 2ish then she has tummy time and play time till about 5ish daddy is normally home about 5-5.30 so she has daddy time while i run the bath at 6.00pm it bath time for everyone. Noo gets out first and at 6.30 has her last 7oz bottle then goes to bed and sleeps till 6.30am to start it all again.
    the big kids are constant entertainment for her too. all the kids are in bed by 7pm and dont here a peep from any of them after this till 6.30 in the morning.
    xxxx
  • Options
    Every day in my house is different as oh works shifts but it goes roughly like this.

My DS1 wakes first between 6.30-7am and i try and ignore him for a while. I get up usually 7-7.30am and get Arran up and changed, then dress DS1 and DS2 and we all go downstairs. I make brekkie for the big boys and feed Arran. Its usually a mad dash then to get every one organised, baby in pram, boys lined up at the door and out for 9am.

I drop DS1 at nursery and me and the other 2 either come home or go to toddlers/shops or whatever. Arran usually has a nap around 9-10ish. 11.30am i pick ds1 up again and we come home and either make boys lunch and feed baby or the other way round depending on who is shouting the loudest.

We then hang out at home for the afternoon and baby has a wee snooze, then its house work and keeping the boys amused. Arran hangs out in his baby rocker and watches the world go by.

Dinner is 4.,30-5pm then i bath Arran, and ds2 and put ds1 in the bath while i feed arran and read ds2 a story. Get ds1 out of bath, put ds2 to bed, finish feeding Arran and put him down, then get ds1 in to bed between 6.30-7pm.

Pour a large glass of wine and......,.tidy up, ironing, cleaning. I get Arran back up 9.30-10pm, give him a small feed and we go to bed.

Last night for a first i didnt get Arran up and he slept all through till 7am so i prob will stop that.

Gemm x