Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping

Hi Girls

Just need to run something by you all?

Lo is now 15 weeks old and has been sleeping through since 9 weeks, she has in the last few days been sleeping 12 hours constant at night, not waking at all, infact this morning i had to wake her. She drinks on average about 32oz of milk during the day and is gaining weight as she should be.

During the day she sleeps for about an hour and half in the morning and the same in the afternoon?
Should i be worrying?

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,

I personally wouldn't be worrying about that, providing lo is happy. I feel that if something was wrong (hungry, upset, not tired etc) then she would be telling you.

My lo sleeps about 10.5 hours at night, 2 in the morning and anything between 2 and 4 in the afternoon. But she is a very happy and content baby this way. She's 14 weeks now too.

Jem
    xx
  • Options
    I was very happy that she was sleeping through, until we went to a mother group and the subject of sleep come up.

At the time Lo was sleeping from 9pm until 7-8am and i was made to feel really bad as none of the other babies where, and it made me feel awful that i was doing something wrong. I was even told by one mum that i should be waking her etc and she would be hungry. Then i mentioned she has slept more since she had been in her own room and again i was frowned upon.

Since then i have doubted myself, even though i can see that lo is happy and very content.

I was so upset i never went back to the group
  • Options
    why would you feel bad? Thats great if you are doing so well at night.

They need a certain amount of sleep and a certain amount of milk. They either sleep all night and little in the day or split it up, and the same with milk.

Arran has gone a few nights from 7pm ish till 7 ish coz ive not woken him for his 10pm feed, but i notice he really makes up for it in the day, and has an extra feed.

You are doing a great job!!

Gemm x
  • Options
    hi hun , mia goes to bed at 8,30 an wakes usually wakes between 7-8 am . apart from this morn wen she decided we would get up at 6, 30 lol .
    ignore them hun ur lil one will wake wen shes hungry, an as for her being in her own room thats great hun if i had the room my lil one would be to.
    ur lil girl as long as ur lil girl is happy and heathy thats all that matters hunni xx
  • Options
    That sounds fantastic hun! As the other girls have said it sounds perfectly fine. A baby will let you know if they are hungry, so i am sure she would wake you up.

Emily has been in her own room (well for most of the night anyway!) since 10 weeks and i am actually alot more relaxed with her there!

I am very jealous! image xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls.

Gemm, they made me feel like i was a bad Mum by the comments they where making. They really prodded into what i did, lights, blankets, feeding etc etc. I cried that night to Hubby as i felt awful.

Totally agree Ladybird, Lily loves having the freedom of her cot , she can really stretch out.
  • Options
    I think they were just jealous! They want to know your secrets! :P xxx
  • Options
    yes and i agree! Are they experts?? Well, im no expert either but ive got 3 kids and i think you are doing great