Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else worried about hubby going back to work?

I just feel really panicky about it, all of a sudden it seems like a really big job for me to be doinig on my own? Where do i put the baby if i cant pass her to hubby? I'm also worried hubby may not get enough sleep if baby has a bad night, he drives an hour to work and does long hours?

How have you guys managed, is it that bad?

Replies

• Options
    My oh is back to work already, in fact he has worked a lot in the last 3 weeks anyway. Its really hard especially when ive got the 2 other kids as well. Im just knackered!! He is sleeping in my oldest sons room so he gets a full night sleep, which is lovely for him!!!!!

You just have to plan ahead, things like know whats for dinner. I tend to prepare dinner when my older kids are eating lunch and the baby is sleeping. I have things that dont take much prep.

Take each day as it comes and if you have someone that can pop in on you even for an hour, that helps to know back up is on its way

You will be fine

Gemm x
  • Options
    I'm worried about my hubby going back to work but I guess my baby is only 3 days old so I'm still in that overwhelmed period. My stitches are so sore and I'm really relying on him to change nappies and make the dinner, etc. I have another week of him and then it'll just be me. I hope my stitches aren't aching so much by then so that I can do a bit more. Its just one worry after another with babies isn't it!!
    xx
  • Options
    I am really begining to panic about DH going back to work tomorrow. He has two jobs and he is going back to his second one 3 -6pm tomorrow until Wednesday and then he is back at his other one as well on Thursday so will be working 8am to 6pm! I have no idea how we will cope image

My stepmum as said she will come down for a few hours each day until we are settled but not sure what she actually intends to do. While it will be great to see her if she only intends to come for a chat then its not going to be much use to me if that makes sense.

I am sure we will all survive - how I don't know but we will xxx
  • Options
    I am!

He's at home with us for another week and I have no idea how I'm going to cope when he goes back to work, as he is so fab with Adam - feeding him when I need to sleep, singing and playing with him while I'm in the shower...

Hopefully we might get a bit more of a routine established next week (it's been non-stop visitors this week) which might help a bit...

You can always come on here for a bit of support when things get too much image

Cathxx