Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do our LOs tell us they have finished

Just wondering how your LOs tell you they have had enough solids!

Niamh tends to grab the spoon and trys to catapult the food across the room. I am taking this as her sign that she has had enough and not as a sign that she is trying to be playful!

Please share! Also think it may be time for some more weaning pictures soon he he

Replies

• Options
    :lol: Emily just closes her mouth really tight, screws up her face and moves her head from side to side - whilst getting whatever food she is eating all over her face! Or she rubs her mouth and then her eyes - again getting food all over her!

Generally she will also get quite playful and put her hands in her mouth when she has had enough! x
  • Options
    Niamh tends to love getting food everywhere bar her mouth too lol

I struggle sometimes knowing if she has had enough or is just being a little monkey as she is constantly moving her self all over the place and trying to turn in the seat. I put that down to her being very nosey and scared of missing something lol
  • Options
    Remy closes his mouth really tight too and turns his head to one side - although if you let him have the spoon or give him some finger foods he can eat himself he will eat more.
  • Options
    lol, when bubba has had enough she finds something on her highchair and pretends to be really interested in it and starts picking at it, as if to say mum i've found something more interesting get the message :lol: i think she thinks if she doesn't look at me I might go away :lol:
  • Options
    When Adam is full he stores up food in his cheeks and then spits it out!

Or picks up food off his tray and throws it on the floor.

I am slowly getting used to the mess :lol:

• Options
    The mess is driving me mad... my flat is carpeted in cream... i really wish i had wipe clean wood floor xx
  • Options
    If we had cream carpets I would feed Adam outside!!
  • Options
    Ouch to cream carpet, the orange splodges on my rug are bad enough!!

Rebecca sucks in her bottom lip really hard and then clamps her top gum over it so there's no way of getting anything in there! She's been a right monkey over the last couple of days and not really eating her lunch!

Jem
    xx
  • Options
    lol i got rid of my rug and i love my wipe clean wooden floor and leather couch! lol. I had to move the rug anyway so Emily can whizz about in her walker image x
  • Options
    Arran doesnt tell me he has had enough. He just eats whatever i shovel in!!! He sometimes gets a bit slower eating but thats it!!! Hungry boy of mine!!! Mind you we dont really do much boob in the day now! Biggest feed tends to be 10pm!!!!!
  • Options
    ds2 tends to eat till its alllllll gone but on occations when he doesnt like something i.e peas or marmite he will clamp his mouth shut and turn his head away, if you try and trick him into looking at you he will laugh and turn the other way and so it goes on......little monkey!

he is genrally super good at meal times and also loves to have a little of everything off everyones plate too lol even when he has all his own in front of him lol

I dont think he is ever full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
  • Options
    well hav twin boys so ds1 will hold both lips together really tight ds2 wil spit it bac out. real cheeky monkeys.
  • Options
    DS either clamps his mouth shut, grabs the spoon or spits it out. He likes to keep me on my toes lol. Since we started giving him ready brek for breakfast he is less interested in lunch. I think it keeps him full for ages and he isn't hungry enough for lunch.