Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC Next One?!

Oh me again................

I think we have covered this before, but now the majority of our lo's are 6 months I was just wondering how you all feel on ttc again or is there no more for you? image

Honest opinion too...would any of you start ttc another one now?image

Jem

Replies

• Options
    Oh I'm always thinking about the next one!! DD is on the whole a good baby, so I reckon the next one will be a doddle (remind me of this when I give birth to a devil child!).

Cos I'm a teacher I'd like to give birth at a time so that the summer hols extend my maternity leave but actually get paid for it, so therefore I want an oct or nov baby, so I'd need to get preggers in jan or feb time, so would need to come off the pill by the end of this year. Oh crap, seeing that written down has made it scary!!!! Lol!

But in answer to your question, no I coudn't TTC now, but I would in a few months...!

xx
  • Options
    Hiya

Yes, we are ttc no2. We have been trying for a couple of months actually but no luck yet. We decided to start ttc cos we would like them to to be close in age but it took 2 years to fall pregnant with my DS & I'm 37 so didn't want to wait and then it take another 2 years. DS is an absolute dream and such a placid happy baby so hoping no2 will be the same!!

Good luck if you decide to go for it xxxx
  • Options
    You girls have made me feel relieved, basically after the scare last month I realised how much I would like them close together so we have now decided to let nature take it's course, but obviously watching out for ov time!!!

It took us 13 months with Rebecca, so hoping it doesn't take so long this time round! We haven't told anyone else as other people when mentioned have said too close and we must be mad etc!

I'd still like to hear from all the other Feb ladies....

Jem
    xx
  • Options
    must admit were or more me lol are concidering it :lol:.......just keep thinking of how long it took to concieve ethan and dont want to leave it too long. Problem I have is hubbie is in the forces and due to go away shortly and i dont want to 10 be preggers when he's away or worse 2) have two little babies to deal with on my own for 4 months :\( so it' all ifs buts and maybe's for me!! xx
  • Options
    I have actually surprised myself by not being broody at all! I am so happy with just Emily just now, i actually wouldn't mind if i didn't have another baby. She was an ok newborn - except for the colic and she is such a joy just now - apart from the night feeds! But i honesty can't imagine going through pregnancy and the newborn stage so soon. I am just loving being able to spoil Emily.

I am also still suffering from spd so if i did get pregnant it wouldn't be much fun and i would be in alot of pain right from the start image

I would be quite happy to wait until Emily is at nursery or school before having another. But if we just have Emily i would be thrilled. I love her to bits image

Lx
  • Options
    no, sadly thats it for me. I think 4 kids would just be pushing it slightly too far!!!!! I watched the 4 sons verses 4 daughters the other night, and i know if i had another 5 they would all be boys so im stopping now

I would love to keep going but unfortunately they turn in to stroppy 4 year olds then even more stroppy teenagers!!! Maybe if i was 10 years younger i would wait a few years and have another when the big kids are much bigger but im too old!!!

So no ttc over here (no energy to even practice!!)

Gemm x
  • Options
    Possibly no more for us either image

At the moment, OH is out of work, so for us to afford any more I'd need to get promoted. So none for us for now, but the minute I do manage to land a higher paid job somewhere I'll be demanding to BD lol

On the other hand, I'm incredibly lucky that I got one of each, so if we ended up never having any more, I could live with it. I have always wanted 4 though.

There is 2.5 years between my two, which we had planned as we thought it was ideal, but we sometimes feel really sad for DD cos she wants to play with DS so badly and doesn't understand that he's too little. If I could do it over again, I would have them closer together. If I do get to have another 2, I would probably start TTC after about 6 months - maybe sooner!
  • Options
    I don't know yet!

Up until two weeks ago I would have said a definite NO! However, now that Adam is sleeping better and we have got our weaning routine established I feel a bit more positive about it! In fact the other day, I kept thinking of names which go well with Adam (I discounted Eve for a girl straight away :lolimage

However, I want to move out of London before we have another baby as house prices are so ridiculous down here. I'd also like to be closer to family/ILs as I have struggled being on my own so much with Adam...

So maybe in a couple of years!

• Options
    I would love to TTC no 2! I am loving being a mummy and think how fab it would be for him to have a little bro or sis and all the fun family stuff that comes with it. However I'm still bf'g so haven't had a period yet which is probably a good job as otherwise I'd be desperately trying to get pg!! Am hoping my periods come back by xmas and then will try in the new year. I have a close friend's hen do in march so don't actually want to be pg too soon.
    Ooh exciting all this ttc talk!
  • Options
    Nancy is our No3 but the girls are so well behaved (i mean course they have there crazy days but what kids dont) noo has slipped into our routine so well, we can only have 1 more due to sections but i would definatly want another one reasonably close as dd1 and dd2 are 12 months apart. Im only 25 so would like to have all my babies while im young and still have the energy. iv just come off the pill due to medical reasons so were just going to see what happens. we'v havent told anyone as people already think were crazy with 3girls.
    xx
  • Options
    Were going to be trying in the new year!! i'm very excited about it, it is the whole point of me going back to work so we can get a bigger house for Lo to have little bros or sisters and a nice garden to play in image. I'm also a teacher so hoping for sept/oct baby so can take maternity leave after hols i know this doesn't always work out but heres to hoping!! Looks like there will be a few of us trying in the new year image. when i've been nosying in BIM (this was when my lo was originally due ) a lot of them are thinking of then too. xx
  • Options
    I'm still in 2 minds at the mo, hubby and I had a look at double prams at Kiddicare the other day as we happened to be in there lol :lol:

I just can't decide though, my labour was horrendous which has put me off, plus I have a prolapse which i have to find out how that affects things (a lovely reminder of my awful labour!).

Also lo is such a lovely child, I love being with her and I worry a bit the next one might be an absolute nightmare child, plus I wouldn't be able to give as much attention to lo? There's also my age, I'm not old by any means but I'm not sure I shouldn't just count my blessings and get on with my life and get back to maybe doing some of the things hubby and I wanted to do rather than spending my time bringing up my children.

That sounds awful doesn't it! Don't get me wrong i would happily spend all my time with my lo and I don't miss not doing things, but I might do if I had two?

God I don't know, shoot me now!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    I would have started trying for number 2 almost straight away but my husband is sensible and wants us to wait a bit plus my thyroid problem has gone a bit haywire and my results are all over the place so it's best to wait till they are stable - i'm hoping we can start by March at the latest so there will be under 2 years we fell the 1st month with Remy, fingers crossed it will happen like that again.
  • Options
    Mildred my thyroid levels have gone all over the place too and Im on a lower dose now than before I was pregnant!!! It took us 13 months last time so I'm hoping it won't take as long but if it does then it won't matter too much as I still have my gorgeous girl!!

Jem
    xx

[Modified by: jw82 on August 25, 2010 12:32 PM]

• Options
    I read this thread a few days ago and it made me think. I have decided I want to wait until DS is old enough to move into a bed so I don't need to buy another cot and also not need a double buggy. I also struggled a lot when I was pregnant with keeping my body temperature stable and was walking around Leeds city centre in the show wearing a vest top in Dec last year. Because of that the time of year when I will be heavily pregnant is important too.
    So... (Haven't discussed this with OH yet) I think we will start trying next summer, June-ish. Then presuming I fall pregnant quickly which I have twice before, baby no.2 will be due in spring 2012, when DS will be about 27 months.
    Cuz its just as easy as that...
  • Options
    Sorry that was meant to say in the snow!!
  • Options
    There was me thinkng you meant the baby show or something!!! Lol!! I like Reading everyones different opinions on this! Thanks ladie!

Jem
    xx
  • Options
    I'm not the only one then, i seem to have gone from being severley underactive (no change at my six week check) and they told my my thyroid had burnt itself out and wouldn't work by itself again to being overactive with no medication.

We've decided now we are going to start trying again in March hopefully for a christmas pudding xx
  • Options
    well dis is it 4 now as i hav 4 kids, its 22mons between dd1 n dd2 n 16mons between dd2 n her twin brothers so i think its crazy enuf wit 4 under 4yrs of age as the twins werent planned (with an iud inserted as it moved out of place i gues) but wonderful suprises.