Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cooled boiled water?

Is anyone still doing this? I read you only need to do this for 6 months so I have just been giving him tap water but I mentioned it to a friend recently who looked at me like I said I was just giving him cyanide. It has made me wonder if I have got it wrong? I still give him cooled boiled water in the morning when I have made up his bottles but if he drinks it all or (more likely) throws the cup around and tips all the water out then I don't bother boiling the kettle to refill it.
Am I qualifying for neglectful mother of the year?

Replies

• Options
    I do the same! I just give tap water. My hv said not to but i read online that it was ok and the water quality is excellent where i live. My mil also looked at me like i was crazy and proceeded to give Emily cooled boiled water! I think she prefers tap water anyway image

Lx
  • Options
    hmmm i was wondering about this because it's such a ball ache giving juice with cooled boiled water which is what I am still doing, I may do some internet investigation too!....
  • Options
    no impaitent its fine i think i hav given tap water to all mine and none so far have 6 eyes or 10 legs so must not be doing any damage.
    xxx
  • Options
    I still give him cooled boiled water with meals (after giving him mineral water for a few weeks and being told its bad for them!). I'm sure tap water is absolutely fine, I will prob start giving him that now.
  • Options
    The advice is that after 6 months tap water for drinking is fine. Still advised to boil water for bottles due to formula guidelines though.
    Cooled boiled water tastes horrible, no wonder my daughter drinks more now than she did before.
    xxx