Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO **Cath** :):):)

Cath, just had to share!! I did your CC/PUPD method yesterday for DD's nap and bedtime sleep and it worked like a total dream!!!! I actually said to hubby that I needed to do it while he was home so I could have moral support, bit I only had to pick her up once then she went to sleep! Put her her down for her current nap and within a minute she was asleep!! Hoping it continues to work later on this arvo...

I officially love you!! Lol! I liked your variation on the CC/PUPD methods, it seems to work, so ta very muchly for that!

Hope Adam is continuing to settle well! xx

Replies

• Options
    Yay!

All hail Sleep Guru Cath! image:lol: :P xxx
  • Options
    That's fantastic! I'm really glad it's working!

Adam is still doing really well. He sleeps through now (7pm to 6.30am) and self settles 99% of the time. The only time he protests is if we try to get him to have a late afternoon nap, but overall he is doing fab!

Let me know how it goes tonight! image
  • Options
    Lol, Sleep Guru Cath, seems you have a new role!

Glad Adam still doing well with his sleep, it really does make life sooooo much easier! Will keep you updated xx
  • Options
    hurray!! well done Cath and well done hopeful mummy cracking it in one night!!!!!!! xx
  • Options
    Update for you Cath - Has continued to work for naps and I did it last night for bedtime too. I've never had to pick her up more than two times and she is settling really quickly after that! I also put on her mobile and put her favourite giraffe next to her and it all seems to work!

If only weaning was as easy as sleeping!!!

xx
  • Options
    Yay, so glad it is going well!

What's happening with weaning? Are you having bother?

xx
  • Options
    Quick question! If Adam cries immediately after you've put him down, whether its the first time or subsequent times, what do you do? Pick him up straight away cos you haven't left the room yet? Or walk away and start the timed count down from that point?

Weaning - basically shes just taking forever to learn this whole foodie business - likes yoghurt, bread, pasta, peas and peaches but is refusing all other fruit and veg!!!! And I'm trying to learn the art of freezing fruit and veg. Oh hum!
  • Options
    Sleep Guru Cath indeed, I officially love her too. I used this method and me and Dylan haven't looked back since. Even following a week on holiday where Dylan shared my bed, he has fallen straight back into the routine !!!

I can't believe that a month ago, I wasn't having anymore than 4 hours sleep a night and was sharing a bed with Dylan !!!!

Big up Cath, she's my hero !!! xxx
  • Options
    :lol: glad Dylan is still sleeping well!

Hopefulmummy, if Adam started crying immediately, I just gave him a big kiss, left the room and started the countdown.

xx
  • Options
    i would also like to say a big thankyou to cath. i had been putting off doing controlled crying..but we were not getting any sleep, (like mrs th definatley no more than four hours at a time due to dummy runs etc) and it just so happened i read caths post, and i much prefered mixing it a bit with pupd. it took us two nights but only up to the 6 min stage and since then when he wakes he settles himself (apart from teething the other night) so i would like to say thanks cath for sharing your tips image
  • Options

Glad I could help
    xx