Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do you share with OH?

How do you share the work load with OH?
Were very old fashioned i think, i do night feeds and tend to the children and do all the house work!
It is my choice may i add, OH is useless at stuff like that, but he's the provider he works so long hours some weeks 6 days always has sunday as family ALWAY he never misses it bless him, and some days he works till 5/5.30 comes home to play witht he kids till there bed time then goes back to work, he owns his own business and he is a mechanic and SO passionate about his work.
Some of my friends always oh it must really piss you off, but it really doesnt its whats best for us!, the girls are all in brilliant routines and have been since babies its somet im quite passionate about is getting a routine that suit the family which is what we've got.
very cave man like i stay at home do the wifey work and OH brings home the becon!
when i work i still do all i do not just work too but no where near how much hubby does!
He loves spending time with the kids and thats why he works like he does so they can have everything they will ever need or want! he always comes home every evening to play witht them and my eldest are early birds like hima and get up at 6.30 with him and go down while i change noo and stuff! He never misses sundays which is our family day.
I love being in charge of the house and am a bit like monica of friends with my cleaning and organising so when OH does try to help he normally does it wrong, hence he's given up trying now!!
So thats how we share ours
ME
ironing
cleaning
washing
drying
working
hoovering
cooking
child duties

HUBBY
work

And i remind him every day how easy he has it at work! hence why he spoils me rotton image

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun,

I am similar to you that i tend to do all the housework, cooking and even the diy! I am just a control freak though :lol: Hubby does the dishes every night and he tends to bath and put emily to bed - he will also do the running up and downstairs if she wakes.

He also does the garden and looks after the cats and their litter tray - yuck!

He does do his share of stuff that needs done but it doesnt stop me making lots of noise when he is snoring through the night feeds! haha.

Lx
  • Options
    lol ladybird, my husbands jobs are the garden and the litter tray, neither of which he does very often!!
  • Options
    We share things quite equally I think...

We used to alternate doing the night feeds, but now Tink only feeds once between 7pm and 7am, I don't mind doing it. M will then get up with Adam at half six, giving me an extra half hour in bed image

I do the grocery shopping, laundry, dusting and most of the cooking (I use the term 'cooking' relatively loosely!) M does the dishes, hoovers and keeps the kitchen clean and tidy. At the weekend he'll do all the bottle washing/sterilising to give my hands a break! I clean the bathroom (if M does do it, I normally have to go in and finish off, as he has no concept of cleaning the shower screen, the glass shelves etc!)

I'm really lucky I think. I know lots of blokes who do a lot less!image
  • Options
    We share a lot more in this house but mostly because hubby works shifts as a fireman and so is home a lot more in the day than most dads.

I do:
    the laundry, the cleaning (he tries but like Cath I always have to finish it so I normally just do it myself from scratch), the hoovering, the 6am feed

he does:
    the gardening, DIY, car duties, the bins, most of the cooking, and the 2.30am feed.

we share:
    the grocery shopping, baby duty and we just don't iron!

To be honest I feel like I'm constantly running around doing something. Every time LO is asleep hubby thinks its time to sit down and rest where as I'm running around like a headless chicken trying to get everything done before my 45 minute window is up and she wakes up again...there is definitely something different about our wiring! xxx
  • Options
    I am the same MN!

My husband always tells me to nap in the day when Adam is asleep!! I'm always like - but when will I eat? When will I sterilise the bottles? When will I do the dishes? etc!

The only time I ever manage to nap is at the weekend, when hubby can help out a bit more!

xx
  • Options
    He works, so I dont have to and can be a stay at home mum. BUT he does do the ironing, sometimes washing up, cleaning if I ask him, takes dog out, feeds baby, looks after the kids no problem he just does it. He does diy jobs the day or two after i ask him not months later lol errr basically he will do just about everything I ask really and also alot without me asking.

The only thing he is crap at is sorting and doing the washing, blacks go into a white wash etc and then theres they hanging it out to dry...looks like my four yr old did it lol.................bless I cant expect him to be good at everything now can I ?? lol!

Oh and did I mention HE LOVES ME TO BITS!! he tells me all the time he loves me, hes is always there when I need him, never selfish except when the bike racing is on lol....then you dont talk to him until the race is over and then a few hrs later when the second race starts lol!:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Oh iv made my hubby sound like a right lazy git aint i!!!!
    He does do all the DIY, gardening, puts bins out, takes the dog out every morning before work, He does cook sometimes when he's home early, i wish he would do it more because he's a bloody good cook!
    babs4 my oh is like that he is very effectionate, we never leave each others company or phone calls with out him saying I love you. He is definatly the least selfish person i have ever met in my life, he would sacrifise anything for me and the girls and he is my rock always.
    We have the relationship i always dreamed of as a little girl and i will always make sure my girls when there older dont settle for anything less than a man like there daddy!!
    xxxxx
  • Options
    ah bless Funshine - that is so lovely. I am sure they won't either x
  • Options
    Ironing? Never heard of it!

He works full time so I can stay at home so I do most things around the house. He cleans up after dinner and he baths DS when he gets in. He also has DS all night and all morning on Friday night/Saturday morning so I get a full night sleep and a lie in and then I do the rest of the night feeds.

I do most of the cleaning, all the washing etc although if I am honest I am a bit lazy with it and rather than cleaning every day I have a day where I go crazy and clean everything and do 3 loads of washing. Not the easiest way but it means I have my days free to play with F and then I lay on the sofa watching TV when he is asleep!
  • Options
    LOL sounds like we're the only non-traditional family - I work FT and OH is at home! Obviously not at the minute, but after my SMP finishes in November I'll be back at work.

While I was working, I did every bedtime, and all washing, I think that was it. Oh, and toilets - they just don't agree with OH's nose lol. He did everything else. At the minute, he still does all cooking and most kitchen/living area cleaning. I do bathrooms and bedrooms. I also do all baby care, which is starting to become a bit of a sore point!! I don't mind doing it, but it's things like assuming the changing bag is ready for going out - it isn't just my responsibility to make sure Lo is fed, grr! Lol. However, DD (32 mths) has taken to playing up while DS is being fed and he does an excellent job with her, making sure she doesn't feel left out or anything.

Not sure how I'm gonna cope going back to work and leaving two behind now though? Right now I can't imagine ever going back... Any BTW, for all of you who think your OH has it easier at work than being at home with LO... You're right!!! image