Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weight loss??????????????

i know its very early but has anyone thought about weight loss by the time zac was born do to baby weight my thyroid and general over eating i put on a massive 9 stone 4 lb image by the time zac was 10 days old i had lost 3 stome 1lb and was down to 16 stone 5lb most of that was baby weight but since then i have only lost 1lb and its getting to me i have cut back seriously on junk food but am eating more milk yougurt cheese etc as i need to increase my calcium intake as my surgery left me hypocalcemic i worry that im not going to shift the weight and really need to now i have no thyroid there is the chance of more weight gain until my levels are sorted but more then that i hate myself and feel disgusted and wont look in the mirror im meant to be going for a meal next month for my friend birthday and family christening a few weeks after that and at the moment with the way i feel about my weight i dont want to go, its only really when im not busy with zac that it plays on my mind just feel im stuck :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Mine won't go either image

When I had DD the weight fell off quite quickly & I was thinner than before I got pregnant. I expected the same again but it hasn't happened. I don't want to wear maternity clothes anymore but my own clothes from before don't fit me & I don't want to buy new clothes in case I do manage 2 lose the weight because then they won't fit me.

I feel really down when I see my reflection in something I look awful. I tried to start slimming world again but I failed miserably & within 2days had ordered a takeaway.

I'm hoping when the weather is better I will be able 2 go walking a lot with the pram and I might be more feeling the salads when the weather is warmer. God knows what I'll do til then though
  • Options
    i really need to start luckily i walk ds to and from school up a big hill so i try to push myself so i can get rid of my jelly belly also the wii fit is coming out and we are going for plenty of walks in the park!

Food is my down fall, i like to eat and now with a newborn i feel like i have no time to cook properly so i snack :roll:

Maybe we could share a few healthy meals we cook for all the family?
  • Options
    none of my clothes fit me they are all a size 10/12 and atm im aan 18 bottom and 20 on top it has stressed me that much i have given it all away to charity this morning except 3 fav things, my maternity clothes make me look worse i think as they seem to emphasise my tyres

im hoping to get out more after being stuck in hospital for 10 days with zac then going back in last week i havent been out and about much and the weather has been awful im feeling a bit better now so may go to the park or something later which is up hills to

snaking i try not to do but it is so much easier especially when zac decides he wants to feed for hours on end oh cooks a lot at moment but sometimes i just dont feel like eating and will get something easy later on

dansmum sharing recipes would be good as i struggle that way at the moment its sausage casserole spag bol sheperds pie all easy stuff really

cant wait for warmer weather as do love salads but only if its all chopped up and mixed together with lods of salad cream so not really healthy :roll:

amgel-eyez ive been thinking about the whole diet club thing i did rosemary connelly years ago and did really well as it had an excercise class attatched but this time im struggling to motivate myself to go and find it hard to stick to it im hoping my friend joins again as i think if you have someone to do it with it certainly helps

1st it was baby eviction now its evection of the jelly belly

hopefully image
  • Options
    OH Ladies I'm so with you here.

I'm regretting all the doughnuts i ate in the last 2wks of pregnancy.

I hate the majority of the clothes I can fit into and well I'm glad I dont have any full length mirrors as when I do catch a glimps of myself in the TV or Picture frames or my microwave (which is like a bloody mirror) It makes me feel worse.

It's only been 3wks for me but everything seems wobbly and like the rest i dont want to buy new clothes.

I've gone back to drinking skimmed milk in my coffee and then its only a dash. I have a banana when i remember in the morning and have been trying to drink alot more water as that supposidly ment to help with weight loss.

Trying to ignore all the buscuits of DD that are in the cupboard an bought myself lowfat yoghurts and apples for when I want a treat. image Have hardly had a proper dinner since being home as if I let O/H cook it'd be some thing and CHIPS as he loves chips lucky for him his a slim jim an can get away with eatting chips every day which unfortunately for me I see chips and my hips see them too.

Have weighted myself once since DS was born dnt want to weight myself anytime soon not least not until i can fit loosly in a size pair of 16 jeans then the aim will be to get back in my 12-10 by the end of the year.

I dont remember being this stressed about it with DD
  • Options
    I started healthy eating about 4 weeks ago and lost 5lb in the first week which i'm really proud of but since then i have still been really good not had any crisps, chips, choccie or anything and i've not lost anymore weight. Hoping to lost another 2 stone by summer as i also have a wardrobe of clothes that don't fit image and have 4 weddings to go to!!! I guess i need to do more excercise as atm i'm not doing any! But i'm tired all the time!!! Went to docs to get the pill yesterday and she told me i was over weight but not to worry as i'd just had a baby and she said it can take up to a year to get back to pre pregnancy weight...Booooooo
  • Options
    It took me about 4months with DD to get back to pre pregnancy weight and within 18month i was a dress size smaller with all the running around ect

However with baby number two I'm not expecting miricals even though i've gained less weight then i did with DD :-/