Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Unsettled after breastfeed

Im breastfeeding my 4 week old baby she has a feed and then I wind her and she does bring up her wind but then is very unsettled as if she has tummy ache so therefore i continue to wind her change her nappy but then she fusses around and seems unhappy she sometimes brings up some sick after i wind her sometime more than other times but nothing excessive.

If she routes around i try her again on the breast but more often than not she just wants to suck because when my milk enters her mouth she crys fusses and pulls off so i think she is just wanting to use me as a dummy!!

Ive tried infacol for a few days now but she still seems unhappy i have bought some gripe water today to give that a go.

Also are your babies settling themselves to sleep or can you just lay them down and they are falling to sleep on their own. Its just she likes to be held but i have a 3 year old that wants me too and i havent enough hands and arms lol!!!

Replies

• Options
    I'm not breast feeding but didnt want to read and run. I was always told that breast fed babies dont need winding as much as bottle fed and I know with DS I rarely winded him so cant help you with that. Lilia sometimes settles on her own if she is full but generally she wants milk to go to sleep on or cuddled. She is 4 weeks tomorrow and at this point I dont think it matters how you get your baby to sleep and if they have a routine or not. Lilia changes her sleep pattern every day still xx