Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Still here :-(

Hi girls

Sorry to be a bit miserable, but I'm still here! Is anyone else overdue?

I saw the midwife this morning and unfortnately baby is still only slightly engaged. Due to have a sweep on Friday and another on Sunday; then induction next Friday if that doesn't do the trick.

I know it won't be long now and I'm just moaning about nothing, but I really thought I would have my baby by now and it's really depressing just waiting. I'm trying to get out a little every day to cheer myself up, but I can't really do much as I'm getting so big and uncomfortable.

People keep texting and emailing me too to ask if I've had the baby... again, I know it's lovely that they care, but it just rubs it in that there is still no news!

Grrr... I think I'm just having a bad day! Hopefully I'll feel a bit more positive tomorrow.

How is everyone else getting on?

Replies

• Options
    G/c but saw your post and know exactly how fed up and frustrated u feel as my ds was born at 41+4 and that last week and a half seemed like a year and a half! I had 2 sweeps and on both occasions the mw was not hopeful HOWEVER i had a natural labour and it started on its own in the evening of 41+3 and ds was born early hours of 41+4. The reason im saying this is because i know how disheartened i was at every stage overdue, however things can change very quickly and u will be holding your beautiful baby before u know it, even if it doesnt feel like it now xx
  • Options
    Ah thanks so much for your post MrsH, it really helps to hear from someone who has been through it. I know I'm being dramatic, but I just feel so fed up with waiting!

It's good to know you didn't have to be induced too - I'd rather that things started naturally if possible. Although obviously just want baby out the safest way possible.

Hopefully you're right and things will all change very quickly; at least I know by the end of next week I'll have my baby!
  • Options
    Ha Ha your not being dramatic!! It is really hard on you emotionally and physically when u go overdue. People dont realise that. I felt like an utter big fat whale of a failure at times during those days for going so ridiculously overdue!! With hindsight i now see that it really wasnt a big deal but at 9+months pregnant EVERYTHING was a big deal!! You just relax and dont even feel bad for being seriously hacked off! Patience is a virtue so your baby is just giving u a taste of whats to come....image Good luck x
  • Options
    i'm not overdue but still waiting and i'm in a lot of pain since wednesday, but since nothing is happening they dont want me in the hospital, just on paracetamol and warm baths waiting just like you do...i know how frustrating it is especially when u r in pain...but soon it will be over and we'll have our little babies with us;))
  • Options
    Still only half way through the month so sure there are more babies, must be so frustrating for those of you overdue and at the end of the time, keep with it and the end is in sight
  • Options
    I'm still here, but I'm not overdue. I am due on 28th Feb, so I'm one of the last to be due.

I hope you have your baby soon Br2B, and I hope things start naturally for you. Please don't feel bad for feeling disheartened. I am sure everyone feels like that if they go overdue - if I go overdue I'm def sure I'll feel how you feel right now.

If you ever need to rant, just come on here, as we're all here for each other image

Fingers crossed you're on here announcing a BA very soon!!

xxx
  • Options
    I'm still here, but not due until Monday. MW has said i can have a sweep on Monday if i want, and then another the week after (when i'll be 41+0) and they'll sort an uinduction date then too if nothing is happening. Still not decided whether to have the first sweep or not... I'm not *that* uncomfortable really, walking further than to the shop at the end of our road isn't much fun because of my hips though.

You're not being dramatic hun, I'm impatient now so who knows how i'll feel in another week. it seems longer than the wait for the 12 week scan now! :roll:

Our bubs was only just engaged on Monday too (4/5) so not expecting them to get moving on their own anytime soon.

have you tried any natural induction techniques? My SIL swears that a spicy mexican dinner, then getting on the all fours and doing a crossword is what started her off at 41+3.

xxxx.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I found this post. I'm 38 +4 with my first baby and had a midwife app today. Baby not engaged and she's back to back. I know I'm not due till the 25th but I'm feeling really down. I've been suffering from mild SPD which is now getting worse, to the point of I can't sleep. I asked the midwife when can I be induced and its term +12 which would take me to the 8th March at the earliest :cry:

I've also been measuring spot on each week, but today instead of being 38 or 39 I'm 36 which worried me a bit as two weeks ago I was 37! but MW didn't seem bothered!

I hope you are all ok and that you're not hanging on too much longer! image
  • Options
    It's so nice to hear that there are other people out there getting a bit impatient too!

I'm not sure how I feel now though, was trying all the 'natural' induction techniques etc, but now my local hospital has closed to all non emergency admissions due to norovirus, so I have no idea if they would tell me to go elsewhere if I went in to labour, or if I'd still go there. In a way I'd rather go elsewhere as the last thing I need is a vomiting bug with a new baby (not to mention risks to baby).

Looby - I've been eating so much curry it's untrue, when I finally do have this baby they're going to know I was desperate for it to arrive because I'll be the girl stinking of curry in the corner!

Lydiar - the smaller measurement happened to my friend who is being induced today too, her midwife said it can happen and sometimes is just due to change in position or baby moving more in to pelvis etc, so I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    hiya br2b, i know exactly how you feel. i am officially one week overdue today and it has been the most boring longest week of my life.

i had in my head that i would go early too just because i myself thought my due date was earlier so i have been realy waiting for two weeks now!!!

i am not too uncomfortable just get quite nauseaous if i try do too much which is keepin me morealess indoor except for little stroll on beach or walk to the shop. other than that its cleaning the house..again! or wasting time on the laptop. every day is just running into one another and it seems that my friends are not wanting to ring me or visit until the baby is born i think they think they are annoying me by ringing to much and that i need to rest!. so i am feeling a little lonely by this stage also.

but my light at the end of the tunnel is i am booked for induction this sunday, so i am nearly there even though i am praying i will go naturally before then, at least there is an end in sight... i will not be pregnant this time next weekimage and there is an end for you to. how many days over will you be at induction? xxx
  • Options
    Nicibaby that must be miserable getting nauseous if you do too much. I'm kind of finding the same with friends, I've met all my friends for coffee etc over the last week or so and I'm running out of people to call!

That's good that you have an induction booked for Sunday, at least you know you will have your baby soon.

I will apparently be induced next Fri, so I'll be 12 days overdue by then. I'm just hoping that when I speak to midwife at the sweep tomorrow she can book me for induction at a different hospital so I don't have to go to my local one where the norovirus is.

I've had some reflexology this morning, so I'm hoping that will do the trick and get things moving naturally!
  • Options
    Im still here, although not due until Sunday. I'm feeling ok other than the annoying braxton hicks and niggles which keep us guessing as to wether it's the start of things or not! I never had any pain at all until labour day with my daughter so it's becoming quite frustrating.

Come on Feb babies, lets have you out!!!