Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Getting to know you!

Age?

Where do you live?

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink?

How long have you been together/married?

Where did you meet?

Do you have any children?

How long ttc this one?

How many children would you ideally have?

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...)

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy?

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy?

Feel free to add any questions when you reply! xx

<div class="forum-post-signature">  <div class="post-controls"> 

Replies

• Options
    Hi smudgesmith!

Name = becky

Age = 32

Where do you live = Liverpool

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink = Chinese gender predictor says 'girl'... Really don't mind as its my first!

How long have you been together/married = been together about 7.5 years, recently got engaged only a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant.

Where did you meet = we used to go to school together but didn't see him for years afterwards, then got n touch in friends reunited (before Facebook was invented!..... Lol)

Do you have any children = nope...

How long ttc this one = came off contraception in nov 2011.

How many children would you ideally have = ideally 3 but am already 32 so we'll just have to see how many I can fit in!!!

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) = pregnacare vitamins, opk's, then in the last month of trying used conceive plus which must of helped! (oh & legs in the air.... Lol)

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy = no (fc)

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy = keeping it a secret for now.. image
  • Options

Age? 29

Where do you live? Warrington

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink? Thinking pink again as no sickness again (lucky me!)

How long have you been together/married? Been together for 7 years, married for 4 this October

Where did you meet? In a bar - boring!

Do you have any children? One daughter, Matilda, she will be 3 in Sept

How long ttc this one? Erm, about 2 weeks!

How many children would you ideally have? 3 but hubby says this will be our last image

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) Nothing

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy? Pre-eclampsia in last pregnancy - the less said about that the better!

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy? Not funny but my mum really wasn't happy, she's come around now though

• Options
    Age?

Where do you live?

Near glasgow

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink?

Think its blue, but not bothered either way! I'm still delighted

!

How long have you been together/married?

We've been together for 7 years and we'll be married 4 years in Oct

Where did you meet?

Through our ex partners! Both relationships were well over before we got involved! Lol

Do you have any children?

Yeah, we have one wonderful son who will be 2 in Oct

How long ttc this one?

Pregnant on the second month of trying but been planning it since Feb.

How many children would you ideally have?

This will be our last child! Hubby is going for the snip! Lol

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...)

I took all my vitamins and used the cbdm.

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy?

Ttc seems to work okay for us, but I miscarried at 11 weeks in my first pregnancy.

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy?

I wasn't expecting a positive result and I was delighted when it happened. I had to phone my hubby - he works abroad- and his response was silence! Lol

Its lovely to see all of your stories! Xx
  • Options

Age? 32

Where do you live? Weston super Mare

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink? I think Pink but i dont know why

How long have you been together/married? We were together a year, split up a week before I found out I was pregnant

Where did you meet? In a bar

Do you have any children? Nope

How long ttc this one? Was a suprise, holiday tummy effected the pill

How many children would you ideally have? 2

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) holiday tummy lol

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy? I was TTC for 4 years with my ex husband!

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy? The dad was very shocked when I told him. I think my reaction was probably the funniest, I took a test when i friend was round and she looked at it for me and said it's ok there's only 1 line, phew i thought, she didnt realise the control line was counted as well, there were two lines!

• Options
    Age? 24

Where do you live? South Devon

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink? I think pink but last time I changed my mind half way.

How long have you been together/married? We've been together 5 years and married 2.

Where did you meet? At Swansea Uni.

Do you have any children? We have a 14m boy called Eddie

How long ttc this one? Acorn was a surprise.

How many children would you ideally have? We'd love 4 children.

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) Nothing.

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy? I get SPD.

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy? Not really. I really didn't enjoy being pregnant last time as I was in so much pain.
  • Options

Age? 30

Where do you live? Warrington

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink? Not a clue but this time diff symptoms to last 2 which were mmcs.

How long have you been together/married? Together 3 years. Married 1 year.

Where did you meet? In a house share.

Do you have any children? No

How long ttc this one? 2 months

How many children would you ideally have? Ideally 2 but 1 would make me happy.

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) I have been taking pregnacare & my husband has been taking wellman conception. We asre convinced this helped, last time we were trying for months & we got pregnant 2nd month after him starting. This time got pregnant 2nd month again. Also tried legs in the air!!

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy? I have had 2 mmcs. 1 in Nov 2008 & the other Dec 2011.

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy? Haven't told anyone yet. Close family & friends know we are trying again so we will tell them soon.

• Options

Age? 30

Where do you live? York

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink? Gut feeling pink, but think will be blue.  Was convinced dd was blue - mothers instinct, ha!

How long have you been together/married? Together 5, married nearly 3

Where did you meet? we both moved in to the same random houseshare in london after we finished uni and moved down there

Do you have any children? 19m dd, Millie

How long ttc this one? 5m

How many children would you ideally have? 2 or 3

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) cbfm, opks, bbt, vitamins, grapefruit juice..

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy? v easy pg, but she was breech so elective section

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy? not really funny, more annoying...my dad said "oh dear"...apologised and said it took him by surprise

• Options

Smudgesmith!  Ha!  Hi!!!

• Options

Age? 32

Where do you live? Ayrshire

Do you know/think if you're blue or pink? Not a clue but three magpies keep landing in the garden...

How long have you been together/married? Together 8 years, married just over 2 years

Where did you meet? School originally then back up later through mutual friends

Do you have any children? No

How long ttc this one? 2 years, more seriously for the last 8 months

How many children would you ideally have? 3 (hubby wants 2!)

What did you do to help get your bfp? (vitamins, cbfm, opk's, legs in the air...) Stopped obsessing!

Have you had any problems ttc or in pregnancy? Problems ttc (we've obviously fixed that now!) No pregnancy problems (*touches wood)

Any funny stories about reactions to your pregnancy? It made my father in law cry.  This might not sound funny but it is so out of character!