Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Who's finding out the sex?

Just wondered? We were going to, but have now decided to keep it as a surprise. I do think it is harder though to find nice neutral things, particularly when it comes to nursery decor.  x

Replies

• Options

Hi we are finding out we found out with the girls too we are far too impatient to wait 40weeks lol image

• Options

We were going to find out but I've read so many posts on here with people saying how amazing it is when it's a surprise that we've changed our minds.

Hubby would have preferred a surprise anyway but was happy to find out if that's what I wanted. My family aren't too pleased, they are dying to know but it's our decision. xx

• Options

I wasn't going to but now I have started looking for baby things I have realised that all my favourite nursery things are gender specific so I'm planning on finding out. Since deciding I want to know I have become more impatient and have booked a gender scan for this Saturday.image I had my 16 week appointment with the midwife today and heard the heartbeat really clearly. I really want to be able to think of the baby as 'our son' or 'our daughter' now. xXx

• Options
    We are!! Can't wait. I can't imagine feeling any less surprised or happy when it finally arrives just by knowing the sex image it's still our gorgeous baby image

• Options
    We are, next week infact I think! We have a cardiac scan and I reckon they will be able to tell then !
  • Options

It's going to be soooo hard waiting. I gave in and bought my first two items today: a Winnie The Pooh sleeping bag and matching sleepsuit. They are so cute! I'm going for 16 week appointment tomorrow and hoping I will be able to listen to heartbeat. x

• Options
    Ooh cantwait2bamummy enjoy every second, we don't get to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks image Have a Doppler so heard it a few times though!

Such a long wait you are stronger than me!! I'd know now if I could.........totally understand people's reasons for waiting I'm just too impatient!!

• Options
    We're not this time but we did first time and I can honestly say that the birth was no less special because we knew she was a girl. We just had our lovely 'it's a girl' moment a few months earlier!

The reason for not finding out this time is because my last labour was induced, I felt really robbed of the whole 'ooh my waters have gone!' or 'is it time?!' experience (sounds stupid I know) but I'm worried that I will develop PE again and have to be induced or have a section so I want one last surprise just in case

Xx
  • Options
    We are this time - can't wait! It's a practical thing partly this time so we know whether we're saving money on pink things or splurging on blue, lol!!

We didn't find out with DD and it was amazing when she was born to have hubby tell me (altho he got very confused too and needed prompting!!). Well worth the wait image
  • Options
    I loved not knowing last time. It was great fun to speculate and guess and then to see for myself was just amazing. This time however we Will if we can. Just because i think it will be easier for dd to get used to idea.
  • Options
    I still can't decide! My hubby wants to know so we might find out and keep it to ourselves. I heard about someone where they got it wrong!