Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update!

Hi all Jan mums and little ones!

Well Livvy is now 13 months image and is still not walking yet image but she has taking a couple of steps on her won but nothing more and I am fed up of people asking me"is she walking yet" I know that she still has plenty of time to walk I was a nursery nurse so I know they all walk at different ages!
I got her weighted last week and she was 21lbs and 2 and a halfoz image
She had her MMR last week ans she has been fine.
Eats almost eats everything we do except hot currys image
Still sleeps 12+ hours a night and has two naps in the day unless we are out all day!
Says "UP" and puts her arms up every time she wants to picked up image
Puts her arms round you and lays her head on you and says "ahhh" and pats your back :\)
Every time she sees a little baby she also says "ahhh baby" and I am like you were that size this times last year :cry:image
She is a bit of a lil madam at times and has started shouting at me image and at things when she is in a grump

I have been watching that one born every minute on C4 on Tuesday nights and makes me want another just to go through that wonderful time again image but she is still my baby and want to spend all my time on her at this moment!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8215/140220102402.jpg

Gem x

Replies

• Options

Gem, Livvy is a little cutie! Good to hear how well she is doing.

Isaac is getting mischievious by the day.
    He constantly toddles off getting into some kind of mischief and I find have to watch him even more now than ever! Knackered mummy!
    No idea what he weighs between 24 and 25 pounds I think.
    Lots more words now. Favourite ones are 'good', 'bath', 'dog', 'door' and 'there'.
    His understanding has come on so much. If I ask him to get a book, shoes, ball he will go and fetch them.
    He has become a fussy eater!!!!! argh! Not sure whether teething is causing it. But he is definitely much more fussy about what he wants to eat!
    Sleeps well at night and still two sleeps in the day as he is so active!
    Much more cuddly now which is nice!
    Throws big strops when he doesn't get his own way - he he!
    Loves climbing on everything.
    His favourite games are chase, us zooming him around on his ride on thomas and slides - he is obsessed with them!
    We still have 8 teeth, but I'm sure hes cutting a molar at the mo.
    I really don't see him as a baby anymore def a toddler now!!!!!

Although I def want more children, i have to admit i'm not broody for a newborn at all! I love this stage though so much fun! xx :\)

• Options
    Alexander had his 1 st birthday 4th Jan and started walking before xmas so i have been kept busy with his older sister too. Quite a climber including getting his leg stuck in the loo this morning so he was changed twice before even getting downstairs for breakfast. Cutting no 7 and 8 teeth and already will try and get trousers off or get mat when he does no 2 so hopefully potty training will be earlier rather than later too. Almost wish he was abit slower on development so i can keep up but he does well at nursery when i am at work. Christening soon so a good way for all family to meet up. Anyone looking at their 2nd baby its hard but worth it. I managed 21mth in between and that was tough potty training a toddler and BF a newborn its hard work but maybe in the long run we can do lots together now at same age. My friend managed 13mth gap and thats even harder with both walking at 9 mth. So worth planning abit although mine was an accident let down from pill
  • Options
    Thanks bellah image

Yep I am the same I do not see Livvy as a baby anymore, she is so knowing and understands so much.
    When you ask her where her teeth,nose and ears are she points to them image so cute!
    Sometimes I am broody some times I am not but I also am loving this stage and most days it is just me and her and I love it so much image
    Oh yes I am also very Knackered :lol: Livvy is into EVERYTHING!! and I can just just relax lol but I love her this age and she is the best company :lol:

Gem x
  • Options
    Ooh an update! glad to hear all the babies (can't really call them that now!) are doing well. Al is like Cameron, cruising loads, taking a couple of steps (when he thinks no-one is looking) but not properly walking yet. Again not really many words as such but he is trying (hiya, and thank you!). He can now throw a good old strop if he wants to and bedtimes aren't as peaceful as they used to be as he puts up a fight for a few minutes!

I'm getting broody now and although we are going to wait to properly ttc at the end of the year we aren't really avoiding if you know what I mean!

• Options
    Lovely to hear all the babies are doing well.

Beth is 14 months now and is walking and climbing and into just about everything. She has always been great with her talking but did forget alot of her words when she started walking for some strange reason but now shes back on form and iv counted over 20words she can confidently say and understand. I think the most frequently used has got to be daddy! she shouts at him all the time. I get the occasional mummy but it melts my heart everytime i hear it image) Her newest one is Ewwoo (hello) and she says it to anyone and everyone.

She can also now point to her nose, eyes and ears and can say eyes. She gets abit mixed up with her mouth tho but were getting there. She knows socks go on her feet and has taken to trying to undress herself. She also walks over to the change mat when i ask her to and even lays down which is great considering just a month ago she would scream the house down when it came to nappy change time!!!

She has 7 teeth cut now including a molar which i still cant beleive has come through without even a peep from Beth ... im waiting for the moaning as ive been warned molars are the worst.

Shes been suffering with spots on her tummy which the doc doesnt know what it is. They are proper spots with a tiny pus head and they leave a mark on her, poor baby, and im just starting to wonder if they are linked to her teething. She had her MMR a while ago and doc says its nothing to do with that so we'll see how it goes.

Think iv babbled enough!