Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MMR jab?

Just wondered if your babies are about to have it, or had it? Any reactions? I'm a bit nervous about it. Haven't got the letter through yet and still have to have the 12 month booster next wk. So will wait for a while between those. Also Isaac's just got over being ill so don't want it in his system for a while yet! feel a bit scared of this one even though any links to autism been discredited. Thanks ladies xx

Replies

• Options
    Livvy had her 12 months jabs a couple of weeks ago! she will be due to have the MMR in a few weeks. I was thinking about leaving it until she is maybe 14/15 months not sure and she is poorly at the moment :\(
    I am a bit scared for her to have it just in case of the reaction and with the other jabs she has had I was always nervous!

Gem x
  • Options
    Abi is booked in for her MMR on Tuesday, I'm not looking forward to it but I'm sure she'll be fine - will let you guys know if there were any side effects/reactions afterwards xx
  • Options
    Zac had his MMR jab yesterday - he was absolutely fine.
  • Options
    Livvy has hers next Tuesday

xx
  • Options
    jessica had her a week ago and is fine
  • Options
    Abi had hers yesterday and was fine, in fact she took her first solo steps last night so couldn't have effected her too much :lol:
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Don't know what i'm worried about! Still haven't got the letter yet though. xx
  • Options
    Livvy has her MMR yesterday and so far all is okay! she really cried with this but after a few minutes she was fine! the nurse did say she might be a bit off in a weeks time!

Gem x
  • Options
    Hi, did your dr contact you about having the MMR has my lo is having is 1 yr jabs tomorrow (at over 13 months). They have send me an invite to have a swine flu jab which I need to book.

Has anyone had this for there LO? What reactions did they have?

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev281pr___.png

• Options
    Hiya,

Al hasn't had his MMR yet but had swine flu jab a few weeks ago and was fine apart from a very slight high temperature that night.
  • Options
    I was told that once you've had the 1 year jab, they then send out an invite for MMR one. Thats how it works in our area anyway.

Isaac has had the swine flu jab and he was a bit off the next day, slight temp and clingy. Was fine after that though. My DH felt a bit rough the day after his as well. He was fine after his 1 year booster last week x
  • Options
    I also got a letter thorough as will the previous jabs! x
  • Options
    You have 12mth booster then 4 weeks after you can book MMR. I just got mine jabbed up asap before i really changed my mind, My daughter was fine and son was fine too with them. Just abit sore where the jab went in. We haven't bothered with swine flu though, xander was cutting some top teeth too so i guessed if he was having neurofen anyway he may as well be jabbed up and it all over with in one go. Either way my two wre fine