Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

things to do

my son and i most days go to park or swings, but now its hot i put pool in garden for him to play. thing is i feel awful as a mum as i really draw a blank what to do with him. he loves tv but i dont want him watching all the time as i feel its becoming very important to him! what else can we do at this age? also ttc aug and want to get tro do more things with him as i think he is bored!
im sorry if people feel im stupid asking this question but i really dont no what to do with him some days?

also he is a poor sleeper at the mo so im worried about goping out getting back to put him down around 11-12 for his 1 nap, then afternoon getting back to do dinner,amybe i should be more organised.

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    Is there not any toddler groups near you? My son loves going and he loves playing alongside the other children.
    The other things we do is go to park, around friends houses to play or to the beach. I also do a swimming class once a week.
    Hope there is a few suggestions for you.
  • Options
    Hi, also have you tried gardening with him? my lo has his own little trowel and fork and waters the flowers too (well, drowns them actually). also, what about painting outside on the grass, as long as they are suncreamed up, it doesnt matter if the paint doesnt make it to the paper as its water soluable. OR, chalk pictures on the paving - it will wash away next time it rains.
  • Options
    Good suggestions there. I'm going to try some painting this week, got some finger paint, sponges and washable canvas, so will brave it!!

Also you could try some baking with him, playing outside with sand and water, visiting animal petting farm if you have one near, soft play centres.

I know what you mean though. You do worry if they're getting enough variety and it's hard to think of new things sometimes! I think everythings such an adventure to them at this age though as they're exploring and learning all the time. x