Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello ladies!

It is so lovely to see so many of you still on here and to read all your updates. I haven't been on here for so long, almost forgot all about it, which is ironic considering i was obsessed with the site when we were TTC!

Sam is now 17 months and doing great. He is a brilliant eater (although very lazy i still feed him all his meals!) and goes to bed really well, although the constant 6am starts are a killer. He isn't really saying much yet, but constantly makes me smile.

I have to admit i am so jealous of all you lovely ladies who are not either pregnant with number 2 or trying. I would love another one now and have noticed i have real bump envy - eek. But we already pay ??700 a month nursery fees and just can't ever imagine how we could afford to put 2 children in nursery at the same time, so am anticipating that we will have to wait until Sam is about 4 before we can think of another, which i am very sad about image

Few questions or bits of advice;

Has anyone moved their LO into a little bed yet or are they all still in cots? Anyone using proper pillow and blankets?

Jo & Sam xxxx :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Hey I have to say im a bit jealous of the pregnancy's and TTC 's First time i have been broody since rory's birth palarvour! Although i would like to wait till after i marry in october so looking at it next year. image

Thats funny you should mention as i was wondering this too i had rory's 18 month check on monday and i asked her about moving him to a bed as i don't want him freaking out when the time comes.. He has a cot/bed so i just have to take the bars off.

AS roar loves going to bed he never tries to climb out she advised me that if its not 'broken' don't fix it.. so i suppose it depends on how the kiddies are at bed time.... i think i will try not to give him a pillow either as apparently its better to sleep without one (or so what ive heard anyway)

Althought with the duvet I recon i will when it gets colder give him those thing ones. Spose they are old enough now to take it off there face? lol
  • Options
    hello!!

glad to hear all is well with your lo!
    time flyd doesnt it

evie is still in her cot, im not planning on moving her into her cot bed until she can climb out her cot.
    she does have a duvet and pillow, i was a bit nervous the first night she had a pillow but she was fine!
    she seems snug enough in her cot at the moment and sleeps 11 hours so im not planning on changing anything as i need my sleep lol!

we are ttc no 2,! i cant beleive how expensive nursey is!!! ??700 thats a lot of money, we are putting evie into nursery in november only 2 mornings and thats going to be ??200 per month!!
    these children arent cheap are they?!

xxxx