Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Milk, bottles and cups....

Hi Jan mummys,

Just wondered what your babies are up to on the milk front now! Isaac is now on two bottles one first thing and one before bed. Finally managed to drop the dreamfeed! He is still on formula but i'm hoping to phase him onto cow's milk once he turns 1 in a few weeks. I'm also going to try him on a cup at breakfast and keep the evening bottle until he's happy with the morning cup. I tried him on some milk in his cup a few days ago and he was so shocked. Pulled the spout out very quickly and just stared at his cup in complete shock! :lol: I'm hoping he'll take his milk in his tt free flow cup. Wonder how he'll be with cows milk!

Replies

• Options
    Livvy has two bottles a day, in the morning and evening! I am going to start her on cows milk when she turns one! I will be quite sad when she goes from bottle to cup :cry:image
  • Options
    I have just started Beth on cows milk, i changed her morning bottle first and after a week or so (when formula ran out) i decided to do the bedtime bottle as cows milk too and shes been absolutely fine with it. She still drinks out of a bottle but feeds herself so i dont have to do anything. Im not in a hurry to use a beaker for her milk - she uses one in the day for juice but i think il wait a while to use it for milk.
  • Options

Good to hear Beth's taken well to cow's milk. We have one tub of formula left then we'll make the move. Isaac prefers us to feed him milk still!! Suprising as he has always been so independent with everything else food related!
  • Options
    I'm starting to introduce cow's milk as a drink but it's going to be quite slow progress I think. So far with pure cow's milk, Al has tended to spit quite a lot of it out so I'm mixing it with expressed breast milk and he's taking a bit more. Hopefully I'll just reduce the amount of breast milk until he is used to the taste of cow's milk. He's having it out of his tommee tippee first cup but I'm going to try out some of the non-spill beakers to see if they get better results!! I can't wait till I can stop expressing - I feel like a cow!
  • Options
    carson has 3 bottles a day morning aroun 2-3 pm and bedtime, with water from beaker inbetween although doesnt drink much of this and has 3 meals a day. he has hipp organic 500 ml bottles split into two in the day and cows milk on the afternoon bottle
  • Options
    Livvy is still on 2 bottles a day but she is now on cows milk and loves it image
  • Options
    Abi is still on 3 bottles of formula a day (morning, afternoon & late evening). She gets cows milk with her dinner but isn't very keen on it, going to persevere though, or may try mixing it with her formula and see how that goes down.
  • Options
    Well we have switched fully to cow's milk and Isaac loves it - shock! didn't think it would be that easy! He even drinks a bit more. Still on two bottles 7oz, soon will start him with a cup in morning.
  • Options
    xander on no BF since before xmas had bottle before bed but changed to cows milk gradual just to not waste the box of formula so 5oz f and 3 cow then half and half and so on till all cows milk then he has it all in TT explorer big beaker as he was used to this in the day and no issues getting bottle off him, it was easier than i thought but slowly does it. My daughter wouldn't let bottles go and no milk in a beaker but she had so much cheese and yoghurt etc i just didn't worry about it she has water or juice. As xander still likes his milk he can continue with his beaker.
  • Options
    carson now has two bottles a day, morning and bed, with all drinks from a cup in day, just water though.