Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Natty Nik

Does anyone know whetyher she has gone for good now from this site? I'm not on any of the facebook groups (just prefer not to) so am not in touch with her any more and it's so sad! Ridiculous as I've never even met her but it's such a shame that she's gone.

Replies

• Options
    I havent seen her around tbh hun but i have fb'd her to let her know you are thinking of her xx
  • Options
    Oh thanks. I did email her but no response, but then if she's had enough of baby sites for a while that's understandable. She (like me) was one of the last few BIJ ladies still BFing and I always found it really useful to chat with her.
  • Options
    are you still breastfeeding now? well done you, you must feel very proud of yourself, wish i had kept going!

hope you and LO are both ok? if you havent had reply from email i wou;ld assume she doesnt go online as much now x
  • Options
    Yes still BFing. It's hard at this end too though there's not enough support for BFing Mums when they start but there's NONE as far as I can see for Mums who have got to 6m or 12m and want to stop or are not sure what to do next. Hmm, I don't feel particularly proud. It's just what we do. Being a Mum is SO hard there are some things I feel I do really badly which other Mums are great at. And BFing causes problems of its own too - like I feel sometimes Elysia is too reliant on me and she can't sleep without the boob either. She starts nursery next week - can you detect the stress?! Thanks for your reply it's nice to chat.

• Options
    i think you should be very proud of your self and im sure what you call "badly" isnt bad at all just a bit more difficult maybe?

i have no idea about bf im a fraid as i gave up at 3 weeks and didnt even try with dd1. im sure there are other jan mums who might be reading this can offer some help, ladies??

i have heard (but as i say i have no idea) that if you have breastfed then its sometimes easier to go straight to a toodler cup/breaker than a bottle- i could be very wrong but might be worth a try if you are planning to stop bf.

dont feel bad about LO wanting boob before she goes to sleep, lizzie still heavly relies on her dummy and im not taking that away for about 6-9 months yet, i did same with dd1, letting her have it to 18 months.

we have only just craked the- self settling to sleep and i think it happens when the little ones are ready.

enjoy your extra special cuddles with LO- they grow up so fast xx
  • Options
    Have a look in the nest hun, http://s15.invisionfree.com/TheNest
  • Options
    Its not badly it's different...if we all did it the same way we would raise a bunch of clone babies all walking around doing the same things at the same time! We all do our best for our babies in our own situations - and I can stand up and say I do alot of things wrong! I have the patience on a gnat, and spend alot of time 'taking a deep breath'!

Have you tried le leche? or asking the nursery for advice about feeding when you go back to work? They may have a special nurse that looks after the nursery.

Remember we are all here xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your replies and your nice words - I went back to work last week so haven't had much time to post until now. I do tend to give myself quite a hard time over this parenting thing!