Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Change in routinnaps

Hello ladies, hope you & your toddlers are all well, and those with new bumps are blooming? I'd like to apologise firstly for any mistakes in the title as I can't see the box on my phone for some reason, and secondly for not posting for ages. Just settling into a loose routine & getting used to being a mummy of 2! Littlest one is now 6 weeks old & can't believe where the time has gone already!

Now to my question...has anyone's lo changes their routine recently in terms of nap times? We've had a couple of really bad bed/nap times with Pops, and have figured out it's due to over-tiredness. She seems to be needing her nap earlier in the day all of a sudden. So I've been putting her down around 11am instead of 1pm (she's been having 1 nap for ages now!). But this then means that she's really tired at bed time around 6-6:30pm. There's not enough time to fit in a second nap really either.

She's been waking a couple of times during the night, but not needing us & settling back off. I just find it odd that her routine/needs have changed all of a sudden. She's not ill, but is cutting a few teeth including molars at the moment. Has anyone else had similar experience, & if not, what is your lo doing in terms of naps now?xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi honeypops, nice to 'see' you, hope everything is going well with 2 lo's now.

Sasha went down to 1 nap a while ago now that was usuall after lunch but now she is walking properly and so running around quite a bit she is getting tired earlier, sometimes she will go down at 10am if she's been really active, but I try to stretch it as late as possible and its usually around 11.30. If she starts to get really tired in the afternoon I have tried to give her a 2nd nap but she's usually not interested, though she will just lie awake in her cot chatting to herself for a while, and that can often just give her the rest she needed. But usually its just a case of bringing bed time forward a bit, it used to be around 7pm but now its more like 6.30 and sometimes as early as 6.
  • Options
    we have one nap usually although we have had a few days of none, it varies depending on what we are doing, if we are out he will nap in the morning but if not he fights it until after lunch although he is getting tired around 11 instead of later, his naps have reduced though i use to get 2 hours to myself and now its about 40 mins,
  • Options
    Emilie has become a lot more tired since she started walking and now has a nap in the morning of about an hour then goes down again about 2pm for another 2 hours. I assume as her body gets used to the exercise she'll go down to one nap again.

When she's been cutting teeth she's always started night waking again xx