Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

white poo

Hi Ladies

I am hoping someone has had this too so they can shed some light.

My 14 month old DD has been pooing white/pale stools in last 24 hours and has been sick. I phoned NHS 24 who refered us up to the hospital last night. Emilia was checked over and no obvious illness. Temp is normal but she is really off her food.

Anyone had any experience of this?? All the hospital said was to avaoid dairy but did give an explaination as to what was going on. They have sent a stool sample to be tested but I am obviously really worried. She is fine in herself apart from being more cuddly and the not eating (she is drinking plenty of water though)

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Joanna

Replies

• Options
    my friends daughter used to have whiteish poos all the time. she drank alot of milk and the HV told her that was why.

jasmine has had some pale ones before which im pretty sure is due to excess dairy products.

either spk to HV or have u tried googling it?

hope she's ok

xxxxx
  • Options
    Hey,

Thanks for your reply. She has Rhota Virus and her body isn't processing fats in her food properly, hence the white poo!

Problem is because it is a virus there isn't anything they can give her. Just have to make sure she stays hydrated.

I hate it though because she has hardly eaten anything since wednesday, hopefully she will get her mojo back soon! xx

How are things with you? How is bump? x
  • Options
    oh no!! ive never heard of that before, there's me just saying its too much dairy! doh!!

is she any better now?

im well thankyou, still suffering a bit with nausea/sickness and headaches every day!! image but other than that things are good.

got my scan next week finally! cant wait to see the little bean! makes it real then i think!!!

xxxx